Veggies

Options
I'm not a huge veggie lover. Anyone have any tips on how to incorporate them into your diet when you can't stand them?

Thanks.

Replies

• ShannonWinger
    ShannonWinger Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Sneak them into smoothies. Look up the Supermodle Smoothie by Niki Taylor. It is REALLY good, full of veggies and you can't even taste them. Maybe you need to try different ones and see if you can find some you like. Try to them of them as medicine that your body needs.
  • milaxx
    milaxx Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    Try them in new ways. If you boiled them, try roasting them instead. I also found it to be a huge difference between the taste and texture of fresh over frozen or canned. I do eat frozen veg, but prefer fresh whenever possible.
  • chazbo35
    chazbo35 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    off topic.......nice kicks Milaxx lol
  • wdwghettogirl
    wdwghettogirl Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    My mom drinks Green Smoothies (you can find lots of recipes online). Or try sneaking them into sauces... a good sauce can cover up pretty much anything. I had some left-over Shepherds pie sauce (tomato sauce, ground beef, and green beans) that I put over a mix of veggies (broccoli, carrots, zucchini, yellow squash, cauliflower) for my lunch today, and it was delish! So my lunch was 90% veggies and it just tasted like my yummy sauce. :)
  • chazbo35
    chazbo35 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Its like anything else...you gotta get your body accustomed to eating them. Birdseye steamed fresh veggies are good. My fav of those are the garlic cauliflower. Nothing beats fresh veggies for sure. I used to be one of those ppl that were not very big on veggies. Now I like most all veggies. Just gotta let your taste buds accept them lol
  • Mingyming
    Options
    Yes!!!! I am a vegetarian I have been a vegetarian for 6 in a half months and I do not like veggies LOL since I started being a veggie I noticed some changes in my body from the shock of my healthy and strict diet and I have noticed a little swelling in my tongue after I eat any animal based food so I just might have to be a vegan... Anyway I HAVE to get my protein since I am very young and vegetables as well, try the cheese spinach dip it is amazing, also try adding some fruit to your salad. Instead of having cabbage in your salad have baby organic spinach with ocean spray cranberries! You will have to get used to the taste, unfortunately there is really no way around that. When I first started out I had sautéed vegetables on a tortilla wrap with mozzarella cheese on top. When you go out (I know you will look like a freak) but you can get just a vegetable egg roll and some egg drop soup. Being a vegetarian is not for everybody but thanks to that hippie lifestyle I am super skinny... that might be because I am 5'11 but I love the lifestyle lol If you want more information you can just go to my profile and add me as your friend if you want. Also I am half Jamaican so I thrive on rice and red beans I looooooove that, also I used to devour goat and cabbage, as a Jamaican you have to incorporate delicious vegetables in your food, look some up! The world is yours whether you’re a vegetarian or carnivore lol:wink:
  • TXBlonde81
    TXBlonde81 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Add them into your main dishes. Example - if you make tuna helper just throw in a bag of frozen peas and carrots in with everything else. If you are doing a casserole do the same thing. I had to start small with adding certain veggies (green peppers, onions, celery) into the crock pot dishes I was making. Once I got use to the taste then I started adding them to other things where they wouldn't cook down. It helped a lot.