Bacon: Awesome or Super-Awesome?

Options

Replies

• KatieCuth
    KatieCuth Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I am a purist... Bacon is only good with bacon...no syrup no nothing else.

But I actually prefer the other parts of a pig... ham...sausage,... ribs....pork shoulder.... pulled pork

Dont limit the goodness that is swine by limiting it to bacon, that my friends is blasphemy.

the pig is a very tasty animal... the females taste best.
  • WifeNMama
    WifeNMama Posts: 2,876 Member
    Options
    Holy Shnikies! I'm editing my Saturday breakfast to accommodate pancacon.

Pan fry it first...then dip in batter and recook.

No flipping way, someone other than my family uses the word Shnikies?!? I thought one of my sisters just made it up. Whoa, my mind is blown. And just as I'm off to bed.

And yes, I am buying Bacon to try this whole pancacon thing and the chocolate dipped Bacon. Hard to believe I'm losing weight and talking like this. :love: :bigsmile:
  • Bonita_Lynne_58
    Bonita_Lynne_58 Posts: 2,845 Member
    Options
    It is simultaneously both awesome AND super awesome. What other food can claim that?

^^^^^This!
  • AngelikaLumiere
    AngelikaLumiere Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Bacon is the anti-Christ of good nutrition. Of course, that's what makes it tasty.
    What? Low calorie, good protein, relatively low fat, what's not to love?
    1 oz of bacon has 151 calories, 3 % Saturated fat and 2% sodium and no nutritional value other than the 2-3 grams of protein and it does have nitrates. If you love salty greasy food so much that you don't mind high cholesterol, hypertension and carcinogens, go for it.

You should try eggs fried in rendered bacon fat (lard) - YUM!! It might loosen you up a bit ;)

Nope I would break out in hives. Truth is, I am seriously allergic to bacon.
  • KayteeBear
    KayteeBear Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    Super awesome!!!! I looove bacon! Especially from my daddie's farm instead of the store. :P
  • KayteeBear
    KayteeBear Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    I make bacon jam for most of my relatives and friends at holiday time. It is GLORIOUS! Then, of course, both my house and I smell like bacon for weeks. And I end up with lots of rendered bacon fat to do tasty things with (bacon fat pie crust for quiche, just as an example).

http://www.notquitenigella.com/2009/10/08/bacon-jam-your-wildest-dreams-come-true/

You know I saw a recipe for bacon jam quite a while ago and have been wanting to try it. Thought it sounded delicious...:D
  • Lozze
    Lozze Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    Love it. Had it on the weekend and it was amazing. So good had it yesterday too! I'm going to try and have bacon and eggs once a week from now on. Great in moderation.
  • PBJunky
    PBJunky Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    Pretty awesome =) mmm
  • Dragongrl
    Dragongrl Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Super duper freakin' awesome bacon is.
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    It is simultaneously both awesome AND super awesome. What other food can claim that?

Cheese.
  • PBJunky
    PBJunky Posts: 737 Member
    Options

Cheese.

I have to agree
  • dixedreg
    dixedreg Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Bacon is awesome. It's the candy of meats!
  • vaderandbill
    vaderandbill Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    Bacon is the anti-Christ of good nutrition. Of course, that's what makes it tasty.
    1 oz of bacon has 151 calories, 3 % Saturated fat and 2% sodium and no nutritional value other than the 2-3 grams of protein and it does have nitrates. If you love salty greasy food so much that you don't mind high cholesterol, hypertension and carcinogens, go for it.

You should try eggs fried in rendered bacon fat (lard) - YUM!! It might loosen you up a bit ;)

Nope I would break out in hives. Truth is, I am seriously allergic to bacon.

Ouch! I would need counseling...regularly!!!
  • vs1023
    vs1023 Posts: 417 Member
    Options

Yes this - uncured bacon, no nitrates from Trader Joe's is super yummy. I have some with eggs and it fills me through lunch!
  • WifeNMama
    WifeNMama Posts: 2,876 Member
    Options

Cheese.

I have to agree

Me too. I made my own queso fresco yesterday, with a little salt and basil. Bacon would have gone nicely with it.
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    MMM bacon WITH cheese!
  • Pollywog39
    Pollywog39 Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    Bacon is super doggone GOOOD!

And for that person who is ALLERGIC to bacon? My sympathies :sad: :sad: :sad:

I have one child who does not like Bacon. I don't know where she came from................
  • rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    Options
    MMM bacon WITH cheese!
    my favorite bar makes a cheddar bacon sauce for on top of their beer battered french fries, and their bacon wrapped steak bites.
    hence why its my favorite bar ;D
  • Angellore
    Angellore Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Bacon is truely amazing. As is any other pig product. I DO dig on swine :love: