Never-ending Cycle!

Options
So it seems like I get really into a new routine and after a while everything falls apart and I just end up gaining weight in the end. Then the cycle repeats itself...I've tried so many different techniques (some not very healthy) from making an exercise schedule to nothing at all. I'm very shy about exercising with friends, so are there any other suggestions of how I can stay on top of my calorie burning and weight loss experience to get to my goal without flopping?

Replies

• taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    First get your MFP settings sorted out and get in the habit of hitting your calorie target every single day. Once you're in the habit of eating right, start incorporating some exercise - get into a routine. Ideally you want a mix of cardio and strength training exercises. If you can do 20-60 minutes a day, 6 days a week, and eat properly at least 85% of the time you will reach and surpass your goals.
  • tcpowell25
    Options
    I'm pret much facing the same delimma right now. I'm curious to see with the other members say.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Oh, and stop trying different "techniques". No weird stuff. Just stick to the tried and true principle of eating well and exercising. It's that simple. It's what everyone who succeeds is doing and everyone who fails isn't doing.
  • DulceDollie
    Options
    Wow, it's like I wrote this post myself. That's the boat I've been in for years. It's nice to know I'm not alone, I'm also curious to see what other people say.
  • jhardenbergh
    jhardenbergh Posts: 1,035 Member
    Options
    Losing weight is 75% diet, so I would first focus on that, once you have that down, get down with the workouts. Treat it like a job or something you have to do. Pick a schedule that works for you either before you go to work or after. Monday thru Friday or Mon Tues off Thurs Friday off Sunday. I like to workout on the weekends because I have more time. I throw in a couple morning workouts if I am travelling locally and a couple night workouts, but I treat it as something I have to do.
  • jetscreaminagain
    jetscreaminagain Posts: 1,130 Member
    Options
    I think its hilarious that twice GME gave an awesome answer and they are sandwiched between "I have the same problem, what will others say? "

I'm one of the others and I say "what he said"
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    what is that saying, takes 28 days for something to become a habit?

I agree with the Guru. Do it EVERYDAY, good or bad. I don't understand why some people only log their "under" days?

If your targets are realistic and setup in MFP then you only need to checkout the success stories section for some motivation on what can happen :smile:
  • tcpowell25
    Options
    Losing weight is 75% diet, so I would first focus on that, once you have that down, get down with the workouts. Treat it like a job or something you have to do. Pick a schedule that works for you either before you go to work or after. Monday thru Friday or Mon Tues off Thurs Friday off Sunday. I like to workout on the weekends because I have more time. I throw in a couple morning workouts if I am travelling locally and a couple night workouts, but I treat it as something I have to do.

I work out the same way. This is so true! Once I started treating excercise like a job I love it now. I think I need to work on my diet a little more and I will start to see results again. I'm in a rut right now because I increased my calories due to a plateau. The downfall is I started gaining weight instead of losing. I'm sure it'll get better.