Arm wrestling?

Options
I teach middle school. One of my homeroom boys challenged me to an arm wrestling match. The conversation came up earlier in the year when I was wearing a sleeveless blouse and the subject of my arm muscles came up (middle schoolers have no qualm saying anything that comes to mind). I have managed to give him valid excuses to put him off so far but I think it would be hilarious to accept the challenge and give him a real run for his money. He's beaten everyone in class as well as the Tech Ed teacher across the hall. He's a farm boy who is at least double my size... and the class has assured me they think it is a match that needs to take place.... and they bring it up from time to time in case I've forgotten the challenge (don't worry, this is during homeroom, before school starts. No instructional time has been wasted).

My question...
I lift regularly and am relatively strong for my size/age/gender/etc. What kinds of exercises could I be doing to help strengthen my "arm wrestling" muscles?

Replies

• albinogorilla
    albinogorilla Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    alternating DB curls
    one arm cable curls, they keep constant tension on the arm, as if it was being pulled on
    concentration curls..................kick his butt
  • Thena81
    Thena81 Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    idk but love the story! do it, kick his lil bootie ;)
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    Kick him in the shin when he starts to win.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Shake weight!
  • reepobob
    reepobob Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Shake weight!

Yes! Excellent suggestion...we will have to assume that the lad is getting similar reps in with the help of a Victoria's Secret catalog...
  • calderst
    calderst Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Shake weight!

Yes! Excellent suggestion...we will have to assume that the lad is getting similar reps in with the help of a Victoria's Secret catalog...

Not something I wish to think about but it helps explain why guys are always better at arm wrestling