hard time eating back my exercise calories

Options
I have been doing this for a little while. I was doing great and lost 15lbs. Then we were in the process of building a new home and my husband and I laid the floor so I fell off the exercise wagon. I am just now trying to get back into routine but I am scared to eat back my exercise calories. Or I do really good up until dinner and then after dinner I end up eating something I shouldn't. Tonight was an example. Ate a bunch of halloween candy. I get so discouraged when I try and do good and I get up and exercise and then ruin it by eating more calories then I should. I don't know if I am eating enough but I am scared to eat too much. Fear of gaining back weight! :( Any help anyone can give??

Replies

• ♥_Ellybean_♥
    ♥_Ellybean_♥ Posts: 1,646 Member
    Options
    just eat when your hungry and don't eat if your not hungry! ... don't force yourself to eat when your not hungry, just listen to you body and you will be fine... and when you are hungry just don't go over your exercise calories
  • JoDeeD
    JoDeeD Posts: 391
    Options
    Many times you feel you are hungry, but it is your body being confused. You actually may be dehydrated. Try having a glass of water. I know what you mean about evening eating but that what MFP is all about. Lifestyle changes. I always have problems eating what I should without exercise calories. With I am even farther below where I should be. Try eating extra protein. It will get you closer to your calorie goal and help with the munchies. I was also told to try chewing mint gum. It makes everything else taste bad.
  • rsratkie
    Options
    Don't eat your excercise calories! That is your free fat burning fodder. :drinker: