Body Recomp Advice - for the Experienced Out There

Options
2»

Replies

• millerll
    millerll Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    This is great stuff! Thanks guys! I'm going to add an extra 100 cals daily, and up it by another 100 per day each week til I reach maintenance and hold for 2 weeks. Then bulk. This should be fun! It'll be nice to struggle to eat ENOUGH every day. I guess I'd better stock up on (more) chicken and eggs! :drinker:

i ran a smallish deficit, so i upped by 150-200 for a week or two, watched my weight, bumped it up another 150-200 and watched my weight till i found my maintenance, so i raised it weekly vs daily

That's what I was trying to say. :tongue: Yes, 100 cals more on a daily basis, adding another 100 each week. If I added 100 per day, I'd be at maintenance in, oh...about 4 days! Too bad I don't write well. Sorry for the confusion!

Ebby - Thanks! You made my day!

Niner - great advice, as usual. I had a feeling that the cellulite was just something I was going to have to live with. Sorta nixes my plans to be a Victoria's Secret model, but, oh well.............:smile: And, yes, I'm considering ditching the PL routine (very heavy weight, only 3-8 reps per set) in favor of a BB routine like you mentioned, with slightly lower weight and more reps. I'll give that a try. I can always switch back after I'm done. Thanks!
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    I was thinking the reverse diet option would be the go also. Maintenance "should" be around 1800ish I would think. I'm personally looking to slow bulk so I aim for 10% above maintenance per week (as I have high & low days) and this has been working well for me (former fat boy).

Also agree with the pullups/chinups for back width. I'm thick around the middle as well (squats and deadlifts will do that I guess :tongue:) so that is what I've been doing to get more v taper.

Also, on the training side, you could stick with the lower reps for the big lifts and use higher reps for assistance stuff. Similar to the way 5/3/1 is setup with the big but boring assistance I guess.

And one final thing, I wouldn't lump Scooby in with those other pros for nutrition. He's 100% broscience :tongue:
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    I don't really have anything productive to add here, but would just like to note that this is one of the best threads I've seen here. Everybody in this thread rocks.
  • snookumss
    snookumss Posts: 1,451 Member
    Options
    bump!!! :D
  • PBJunky
    PBJunky Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    I was thinking the reverse diet option would be the go also. Maintenance "should" be around 1800ish I would think. I'm personally looking to slow bulk so I aim for 10% above maintenance per week (as I have high & low days) and this has been working well for me (former fat boy).

Also agree with the pullups/chinups for back width. I'm thick around the middle as well (squats and deadlifts will do that I guess :tongue:) so that is what I've been doing to get more v taper.

Also, on the training side, you could stick with the lower reps for the big lifts and use higher reps for assistance stuff. Similar to the way 5/3/1 is setup with the big but boring assistance I guess.

And one final thing, I wouldn't lump Scooby in with those other pros for nutrition. He's 100% broscience :tongue:

Pretty much agree with these guys
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm trying a "bulk" right now too.

And I"m super impressed that you've been able to gain so much strength while eating so little. I bet your going to see great results when you eat more.
  • wanderlust3
    Options
    Bump - don't want to lose this thread!