What gives you more satifaction,...NSV or Scale victory?

Options
I had to put new holes in my old belt today and yesterday I put on my new belt and was able to go to the second hole. I was up 3lbs as of last Sunday, but it didn't feel like it physically. So what gives you more satifaction the scale dropping or the little NSV's? I'm finding I love to see the scale drop, but I really get a happy feeling feeling when my clothes fit better and when someone says you are really losing. My best NSV was last week I met my wife (hootsmamma) at Wal-Mart and she past right by me cause she didn't recognize the smaller bottom. :bigsmile:

Replies

• sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    NSV :) Scales can be the enemies!!!
  • shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    NSV for sure! The scale is just a number- it fluctuates! How you look, feel and see yourself is a million times more important! Healthy is happy :D
  • glockster972
    glockster972 Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    NSV by a long shot.
  • Eleanorjanethinner
    Eleanorjanethinner Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Scale victories for me 'cos I'm not exercising heaps (enough to put on lots of muscle) and NSVs are fairly subjective. For example, people have regularly said 'have you lost weight' to me when I haven't but have been wearing flattering clothes.

It is nice to have looser clothes and be able to tighten my belt, but I trust the scale a bit more than those things.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    NSV by a long shot.

This.
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    NSV's are happening more frequently which is great for me, but I would love to see more pounds drop!
  • twynzmom
    twynzmom Posts: 172
    Options
    NSV's for sure! I've been sitting down to play tennis and bowling on the Wii because of the pain from fibromyalgia..today I was able to stand up for a lot of my workout!!!! Yaaaayyyy!
  • ckatastrophy
    ckatastrophy Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Both make me very happy, but the NSV's seem to be more satisfying especially when the numbers on the scale are not pleasing.
  • maews
    maews Posts: 39
    Options
    NCV by a long shot.:smile:
  • Mom2rh
    Mom2rh Posts: 612
    Options
    I will take all the little victories I can get! While I try to be philosophical about the scale, I give it more power over me than I should. But I've lost and regained weight before...so I need to find that happy balance to keep myself in check. When I ignore the scale the weight creeps up.