nursing student & exercise

I am in my first semester of nursing school and with all the demands i cant work out how I use to previously....
any suggestions?

Replies

• SmangeDiggs
    SmangeDiggs Posts: 238 Member
    Find sometime to do it, prioritise how important it is for you to achieve. I work 50hrs a week with 2 children and go to the gym at 430 in the morning so that i can fit my exercise in. If you want to do it you will find a way to get it done. :happy:
  • broadsword7
    broadsword7 Posts: 411 Member
    There are lots of things you can do right in your bedroom. I start my day with a simple stretch...and then a few pushups. When I first started to get on the right track again a few months ago, I could barely do five...not even the right way, but on my knees five. Now I can bust out a bunch, the right way ("breaking the plane" etc.) and I find that just by doing pushups it motivates me to do more. It reminds me to do other stuff. Other simple things, like when given the opportunity to take an elevator or take the stairs...to me it's now a no-brainer...take the stairs. Look for simple opportunities to do things like that throughout the day. At work I will pop into an empty office or conference room during the day and do ten pushups. Soon these things become habits. Good habits displace bad ones, and lead to more good ones. I find the simple, small things always get me back on the right track when I veer. Good luck and good health to you!
  • I'm a medical school in my second year and have been finding it so hard to fit in workouts too! I think the best way I have found is to plan your weeks in advance and schedule time for workouts and stick to them !