Personal trainers are the devil...

Options
swordsmith
swordsmith Posts: 599 Member
I am now of the firm opinion that personal trainers were sent up an on express elevator from Hell to bedevil ordinary people.

The perky happy attitudes as they effortlessly glide through exercises...

But the worst are the demonic tortures they come up with - my trainer today started my strength training routine. I did 3 sets of 15 reps of some bizarre routine involving 3 pound weights. When he brought the weights over I went "Pfffffttttt.... 3 pounds? Come on twinkletoes give me some manly weights". He told me to try one set of 15 and if I went through that fine he would give me the 5 pounders.

I got to 9 and was crying for mommy as he perkily said "Come on twinkletoes... only 6 more. Then a 30 second break and we start over again on the second of three sets" I would have thrown the weights through the window but I had no feeling in my shoulders and can barely lift air.

next week I am going in with garlic aroundmy neck and a cross to see if I can ward him off....

Replies

• BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    I don't start my course until next year... am I free? ;)
  • donna_joann
    Options
    Personal trainers are not completely from the devil, they are just addicts... exercise addicts. We are enabling their addictions :)
  • Insinr8r
    Options
    And if the garlic and cross don't work then maybe a stake through the you know what.
    Good luck with your next session and keep your neck covered.:devil:
  • dpawlitz
    Options
    I've actually been called the devil, among many other names by my clients. When I tell them it's all out of love, they give me the most evil look. And I'm the devil?!?!?!

Loved your post!
  • Peanutmanda
    Options
    I am with you, I had a headache and had to skip ONE of my workouts.. 2 Days later, he made me throw up after only 30 mins..

Evil.. Most deff..
  • jiggs31
    jiggs31 Posts: 117
    Options
    Got the guy at the gym to go through weights with me last night as I had 30 mins to kill before spinning class.

Have to say......I loved it!!!

But then, I actually enjoy torture...... :)
  • SinIsIn
    SinIsIn Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    hahahah... LOVE this post!

The trainer I had started off our sessions by telling me that i was going to hate and/or cuss him out by the time our session was over... he was right!
  • nothingisred
    Options
    Haha this is so true! My trainer and I have concluded that to be a trainer there must be a part of you that enjoys making people suffer! We kid of course, but I know exactly what you mean. But as they say, no pain no gain.
  • jlzrdking
    jlzrdking Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Now i'm scared.

I've been considering hiring a trainer because i've had little to no results in the last 6+ weeks.
  • gazz777
    gazz777 Posts: 722
    Options
    I've never stepped inside a gym or seen a PT ... barely even a workout video.

Why would I go now after hearing that ? :o)
  • krissagirl0709
    krissagirl0709 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I know alot of peoplewho go to personal trainers but never heard the storys lol..
  • spyork
    spyork Posts: 187
    Options
    I am now of the firm opinion that personal trainers were sent up an on express elevator from Hell to bedevil ordinary people.

The perky happy attitudes as they effortlessly glide through exercises...

But the worst are the demonic tortures they come up with - my trainer today started my strength training routine. I did 3 sets of 15 reps of some bizarre routine involving 3 pound weights. When he brought the weights over I went "Pfffffttttt.... 3 pounds? Come on twinkletoes give me some manly weights". He told me to try one set of 15 and if I went through that fine he would give me the 5 pounders.

I got to 9 and was crying for mommy as he perkily said "Come on twinkletoes... only 6 more. Then a 30 second break and we start over again on the second of three sets" I would have thrown the weights through the window but I had no feeling in my shoulders and can barely lift air.

next week I am going in with garlic aroundmy neck and a cross to see if I can ward him off....

These are the comments i live for!!!!!!!!!! The sooner i get my cert back the sooner my torture of poor souls can start again!!!!!!! (evil laugh) :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil:
  • spyork
    spyork Posts: 187
    Options
    Got the guy at the gym to go through weights with me last night as I had 30 mins to kill before spinning class.

Have to say......I loved it!!!

But then, I actually enjoy torture...... :)

Torture, tell me more
  • gazz777
    gazz777 Posts: 722
    Options
    I know alot of peoplewho go to personal trainers but never heard the storys lol..
    .S.H.A.K.I.N.G. N.O.W.
  • goodmonster
    Options
    Hey you started it by calling him twinkletoes!!! ;)

Just keep thinking about how awesome it'll be later on.
  • LexieSweetheart
    LexieSweetheart Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    LOL I know the feeling. I used to call mine the best frienemy I ever had. There were days I wanted to just bop her with a dumbbell.Like when she made me carry weights on the treadmill to teach me how to not hold on. Or when she would make me do the dreaded stairs because I stopped twisting the rope. Then there were days she was my best buddy and biggest supporter!