exercise calories

Options
Why are you supposed to eat your exercise calories? I understand doing that if you are trying to maintain your weight but if you are trying to lose weight it doesn't really make sense to me. Does anyone know?

Replies

• ae770
    ae770 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Why are you supposed to eat your exercise calories? I understand doing that if you are trying to maintain your weight but if you are trying to lose weight it doesn't really make sense to me. Does anyone know?
  • tennetubbie
    tennetubbie Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    hey welcome---please read the sites to the LEFT of the community board --the ones on nutrition are best---they explain in detail why. It's great though to eat a little more--and you do lose!!! Good Luck
  • kristie874
    kristie874 Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    Eat them. Or at least most of them. If you don't your caloric deficit will be too low, your body will starve, and the weight loss you experience will be only temporary (unless you plan to starve yourself forever) or you won't lose. Calories are fuel. You need fuel to exercise.
  • omid990
    omid990 Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    i believe this link leads to the forum where banks talked about all of this in depth

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/10589-for-those-confused-or-questioning-eating-your-exercise-calo
  • porka29
    porka29 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    With all the people here who have been so successful, it certainly has worked. We have been conditioned in my opinion to think we're supposed to always eat less, but after reading and re-reading the newbie threads....I'm a believer. I've starved, lost weight, but it came back when I started eating again so this makes sense to me now.