Belt NSV!

Options
Almost sad to say that the fabulous vintage belt my mother gave me is getting too big. It was borderline too small when I received it!

photo-1-1.jpg

Replies

• alohabrie
    Options
    Yea you! Congrats!
  • melbaby925
    Options
    Congratulations!

Also, if you have a great shoe repair place in town, they might be able to cut your belt if you need that, and/or add new holes to it. So you won't need to get rid of it.
  • drpurl
    drpurl Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I bet that feels awesome!
  • spacecase76
    spacecase76 Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    woohoo! Good work!

I have found that NSV are always a double-edged sword. YAY--smaller clothes--BOO for spending money. YAY for ring size shrinking--BOO for rings all getting too big. That kind of thing. :ohwell:
  • Sweet_Southern_Tea
    Options
    I feel your pain :-( I have tons of suits and slacks I love that are way to big now and it's very noticeable. Most of them were my pre-weight gain suits too :-(

Great job on your weight loss.
  • lmiller857
    lmiller857 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Congrats Meg great job!!! :happy:
  • MotivateMeg
    MotivateMeg Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!

Also, if you have a great shoe repair place in town, they might be able to cut your belt if you need that, and/or add new holes to it. So you won't need to get rid of it.

Thanks Mel.. that's great to know! (:
  • KokomoJoe
    Options
    Not vintage, but had a job interview a month ago. Bought a brand new belt and the sales clerk wouldn't let me get the belt smaller she said it didn't look right, well the new belt that I used the middle hole, is now the belt that I use the last hole. If I had bought the smaller one, I would have gone to the middle now.
  • Cold_Steel
    Cold_Steel Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    yeah I was pounding holes into belts at about 40 lbs lost then 50lb then 60 and at 70 I just said screw it and bought a tactical tdu belt that works great because it has a velcro lining that goes from like 38 to 44 and Im borderline 42 right now so its perfect.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!