Branching out from the "norm" ...

Options
Hi everyone!! Now that I'm down just over 20lbs, MFP suggested that they automatically update my goals. When I saw the high percentage of carbs and low percentage of protein, I decided to customize my goals instead. In the past, I've always had a lot of carbs and fat "left over" and always consume more protein and fiber than MFP recommended for me, so I'm not TOO worried about changing things up for the better ...

For those of you who customized your goals ... what percentages did you choose for carb/protein/fat? Why did you choose those percentages? And have you been able to meet them?

Thanks so much!! =)

Replies

• auticus
    auticus Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    I do 40/40/20. I choose that because if I try to restrict carbs like so many people love to do, I am sluggish. I play soccer and box as well as lift weights 3-4 times a week and do long distance running... I need my carbs.
  • asyouseefit
    asyouseefit Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    I went for 40-30-30 but i do not meet my macros often. I use them as guidelines, mostly.
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    I am 40/30/30 carbs/protein/fat. It is pretty hard for me to meet my protein goal. I got the macros from a Jillian Michaels thing I read, it said that optimal for most people. Also, I just read that people who ate 43% carbs lost more belly fat than people who ate 55% carbs when calories were equal and my belly is my trouble zone, I am trying to stay under on the carbs.