Question About Sushi

Options
I had about 8 pieces of sushi there are 8 in a roll(the place i get it from the pieces are small) :love:

how do i figure out the nutrition on this? :huh:

1. spicy salmon 3 pieces
2. spicy tuna 3 pieces
3. dragon roll 2 pieces

i mean the place isnt on the list and its definetly not as high nutrtion wise as some of the places that are listed :devil: ...i was thinking of breaking the sushi into parts (seaweed, tuna raw, rice, avocado) is that a good idea or is there a better way to do this? :bigsmile:

Replies

• pepamint83
    pepamint83 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I had about 8 pieces of sushi there are 8 in a roll(the place i get it from the pieces are small) :love:

how do i figure out the nutrition on this? :huh:

1. spicy salmon 3 pieces
    2. spicy tuna 3 pieces
    3. dragon roll 2 pieces

i mean the place isnt on the list and its definetly not as high nutrtion wise as some of the places that are listed :devil: ...i was thinking of breaking the sushi into parts (seaweed, tuna raw, rice, avocado) is that a good idea or is there a better way to do this? :bigsmile:

• BrandNewLaura
    BrandNewLaura Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    Whenever I eat something that I'm not totally sure about the calorie count, I just google it and then take an average of all the different responses I find...like tonight I was looking for Jasmine rice, and there were a lot of different numbers in the database, so I googled "Jasmine rice calories" and got several hits...I looked at a few of them, and when I saw one of the numbers repeated 3 or 4 times, I just went with that...it may not be perfect, but it'll give you a good estimate without the headache of trying to figure out each little component...
  • pepamint83
    Options
    thats true and a good idea :drinker: also better safe then sorry to go over and be safe then not to right :bigsmile: ok ill try that thanks and if anyone else has suggestions that would be great :flowerforyou:
  • plussized
    plussized Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    http://www.sushifaq.com/sushi-calories.htm

be careful for mayo hidden in rolls!
  • pepamint83
    Options
    oh i know but i know this sushi guy ive been going to him for geeze 13 years :noway: so i know what he puts in it (you can watch him make it :love: ) but thank you for the warning that was sweet :flowerforyou: