how many calories

Options
Im new to this site. However, Im 5'3" and weigh 153 pounds. My goal is to be 120 pounds. The site state I should be eating 1200 calories, however everyone I talk to and different research sites claims that's too low and it should be at least 1400 calories. My problem is that I get VERY full and can't eat any more. After tracking for several days I only average about 1000 calories. Is this affecting my weight loss?

Replies

• asherick
    Options
    Im new to this site. However, Im 5'3" and weigh 153 pounds. My goal is to be 120 pounds. The site state I should be eating 1200 calories, however everyone I talk to and different research sites claims that's too low and it should be at least 1400 calories. My problem is that I get VERY full and can't eat any more. After tracking for several days I only average about 1000 calories. Is this affecting my weight loss?
  • omid990
    omid990 Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    the amount your eating will definitely affect weight loss. although 1200 isn't an exact amount, its generally the minimum a person can eat before going into starvation mode. gender, height, and weight will affect this number but its a pretty good base line. if you continue to eat less than this amount, your body will go into starvation mode. anything you eat that is not used immediately will be stored as fat and you will begin to burn muscle instead of fat.

Because you don't have that much to lose (relatively speaking), you should at least eat your BMR. It sounds like you put in 2 pounds lost per week. i would push it back to one.

if you have a hard time eating your calories, eat foods that are more calorie dense such as cheese, peanut butter, nuts, avocados, etc/
  • hoamai
    hoamai Posts: 76
    Options
    I also get full very easily - and find that multiple small meals work for me. I also often can't get to my goal calories especially with exercise add