Exercising less. Losing more weight. 30ds

Options
I did 30ds last month and didn't lose much weight (like 6lbs). This week is my first week off of it and I am losing more weight (actually 3+ lbs this week). I have been doing some exercise this month but nothing that feels as hard as 30ds and I am eating less than I did on 30ds because according to MFP I am burning less calories. I wonder if when I was doing 30ds my HR was more anaerobic so I wasn't really burning as many calories as I thought so that is why I wasn't losing as much.

-As a note I did lose a lot of inches on 30ds, disproportionate to weight loss, so I know I was building muscle. And I when I do it again I will likely log it the same way as before because inches lost is as good for me as lbs lost.

Replies

• jagar07
    jagar07 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    changing up your routine can also boost the weight loss as well. That could be why you see a sudden surge of it. It is a good idea to keep up with the exercise though, just switch it up from time to time :)
  • 6eighteen11
    Options
    I think in general 30DS is GREAT for strengthening and toning, but most people don't see a ton of weight loss while going through the program.
  • shirleylaw
    Options
    I did the same a few years ago..But continue exercising even if its a power walk for 30 mins a day..You will find not working out you'll hit the "plateau" of weight loss then it will come back faster. Your still losing cuz ur metabolism is kicking in and it will kick out just as fast.
  • LosingTheWeight2014
    Options
    When you exercise your muscles your body holds onto the water to repair the tiny tears in your muscles.

When you stop exercising or go a few days to let them heal your body will start to release the extra water it's been holding onto.

Everytime I start and then stop exercise for a few days this happens.
  • 4thehardman
    4thehardman Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    You could take 30 days off the 30ds and then do it again. see how it goes with your body? I've noticed I'm not losing on 30ds so I've stopped eating back my exercise cals.
  • summergreen487
    summergreen487 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I also did not see much weight much during 30 DS, but five days after completing the program I have dropped weight.
  • rockeraxXx
    Options
    changing up your routine can also boost the weight loss as well. That could be why you see a sudden surge of it. It is a good idea to keep up with the exercise though, just switch it up from time to time :)

Yes! This is true....I actually lose more lifting weights and changing up my routines vs. the 30DS. Its weird. I am going to do the 30DS today and wear my new heart monitor. I will send you a message and let you know if I go into anaerobic mode! I do level 3.
  • Le_Joy
    Le_Joy Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    I am still exercising, it just doesn't seem like I am working as hard as I did with 30ds. I tried to start C25K this week, but where I live I have to be able to do it during daylight hours. So I am rethinking my schedule and will start again next week, or tomorrow.