Tall chicks?

Options
2»

Replies

• KatiePeca
    KatiePeca Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'11", and would love to see myself back at 165-170 pounds, when I was that weight, people thought I was much lighter, because being so tall really carried the weight very well. I've got a long road ahead, and would love the support of other tall ladies! Feel free to friend me if you're interested in another buddy!

Katie
  • Laurathabomb
    Laurathabomb Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 5'10" and I get he same comments. I currently weigh 225 and my GW is 170. I have lost almost 70lbs so far... You can add me for support :)
  • justbeachy01
    justbeachy01 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    5'9 and I feel pretty tall compared to people around me!
  • melbhall
    melbhall Posts: 519
    Options
    I'm 5'5 but my husband is 6'4...does that count? Just kidding! Oh to be tall! You ladies are lucky and lovely!
  • amflautist
    amflautist Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    I love you, every one of you tall beauties. It is so wunderbar!!! to hear you say you embrace your height and revel in it. As the 5'12" mother of a 6'4" athletic beauty and a 6'6" son, I'm the shortest in the family! (Lol, also weigh the most, but not for long!!!)

Come on over to Totally Tall Women of MFP and join us.
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 5'8.
    I think I feel quite short now for the first time in my life haha - (I'm usually taller than most of the people around me!)
  • Being2befit
    Being2befit Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I'm 5"9 but get way taller when I wear my high heels and that's everyday! :)
  • Somedayillbethin
    Options
    Hey all I'm 5ft 11, feel free to add me :)
  • vernie87wb
    vernie87wb Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10" and am completely happy with the fact that I only have to get down to about 170 to be considered healthy. It makes it easier for me. Sure, if I get to that and still don't like the way I look, I will go for losing more, but I really want to just get to a healthy BMI.
  • megacy
    megacy Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Hello, I love being taller too! I'm 6'2" and 290 right now, working my way to 190 or so. I wasn't paying attention between 6' and 6'2", so am unsure what my lowest weight was and will see how I feel then I get closer to 190.
    I was very active when I was younger and just slowed down as I got older. I'd always hiked and biked and am just completely surprised at myself that I let it go. So, time to get back to it. I'm grew up in Alaska and used to bike year-round there, thought I was a badass for that, now just need to get back on the thing! Let's do this, lets be here for each other. Time to be badass again.
  • amflautist
    Options
    Welcome, Megacy. Alaska and biking. Your story is fabulous. I want to go to Alaska some day. Also, I WILL get back on my bike!!! My biggest biking story takes place in Bordeaux --- wine country --- riding from chateau to chateau.
  • Cookie_4
    Cookie_4 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8" but I grew up in a community of Asians where all the girls were 5'3" or shorter (including all my sisters) and weighed 110 soaking wet, so I TOTALLY know how you feel. If only I got a dollar for all the times I heard, "wow, what did you eat to get so big?" ugh... Maybe that's where my self esteem issue comes from!

Add me! :-)
  • amflautist
    Options
    I'm 5'8" but I grew up in a community of Asians where all the girls were 5'3" or shorter (including all my sisters) and weighed 110 soaking wet, so I TOTALLY know how you feel. If only I got a dollar for all the times I heard, "wow, what did you eat to get so big?" ugh... Maybe that's where my self esteem issue comes from!

Add me! :-)

Reminds me of one of my father's short friends, who used to look up at me and say. "It must have rained a lot where you grew up".
  • megacy
    megacy Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Welcome, Megacy. Alaska and biking. Your story is fabulous. I want to go to Alaska some day. Also, I WILL get back on my bike!!! My biggest biking story takes place in Bordeaux --- wine country --- riding from chateau to chateau.

Thanks for the welcome, I love your biking story as well. Sounds, well that sounds just about heavenly. And I like what you list for your height! Maybe we can track our bike miles when we get back to it, on here. A monthly challenge/goal. Or I should say, I'm going to DO THIS, and would love for you (and others) to join in!
  • Junofreddy
    Options
    I'm 5'10 and I've been in the same boat forever. I'm about 200 lbs now because I just gave up trying to be "pretty". I'm trying to turn my body and my mind around. :) I support you.
  • greytblackdog
    greytblackdog Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Hey tall ladies! I'm a 5'9" girl. And much like you guys, people are shocked when they see what I weigh. Other than the way my clothes fit and the lack of cheekbones, even at 170 (my heaviest) people had no idea that I weighed that much. I've got a large frame, which of course throws everything off kilter. My goal is to be active. I have a very stationary job, so 9 to 10 hrs on my rear isn't good for any number of reasons. Let me throw on my heels and I'll rock 6'2". I love being tall and I love rocking the high heels! Add me if you want. Great to meet you ladies!!!
  • gettingskinnysoon
    Options
    Hiya :) I'm 6ft exactly. I've been this height since about 13-14.