Starting Again

Options
Hi everyone! I am an old MFPer who is returning to put life back together. Again.

I joined MFP in the spring of 2009. My husband was deployed and I was determined to lose weight. I lost 25-30 lbs, started running, felt great and looked good too.

After my husband returned, I injured my ankle (no running) and then we moved overseas. I've been slowly gaining back all that weight and then some. We just came back from a month in the states and I'm pretty sure I'm heavier than ever.

I'm still struggling with ankle issues. They were getting better with physical therapy but I've also been away from that for a month.

I'm hoping to go back to a healthy diet and regular exercise, and get back to something near fighting weight. I reckon I'm around 220 right now (I'm too lazy to walk upstairs, take off all my clothes, and weigh myself.) I was between 185 and 190 last time I was relatively thin. (I really, truly have heavy bones, and I'll never be a small girl.) Right now, I'd be delighted to get back below 200.

I know that MFP was the important key last time, and I hope to use it with great results again this time.

Thanks for listening.

Replies

• polar135
    polar135 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Welcome back and you can do it again! you did it the first time, and you as much as you need to workout, you don't need to to lose weight healthy.

I had surgery back in June, and could not work out for 6 weeks and i lost weight during that time.

Add me if you would like for support and you CAN do this!
  • drewmathieson
    Options
    I found this app on my iPhone the other day, and I'm totally blown away by it. Congratulations on getting back into it! I have been inactive myself for about 1.5 years now and I've gained quite a bit. I'm hoping to lose thirty pounds, so I understand how you feel. Take it one day at a time, and remember don't sweat the small stuff. All that matters is that you keep focused! Good luck!

Drew
  • jrsey86
    jrsey86 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! We all fall off of the bandwagon at some point or another (I'm guilty of it, too...just coming back from a "break"), but the important thing is to get right back on. You can do it!! Stay focused and be positive. =)
  • sheofthesea
    sheofthesea Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the encouragement.