swapping carbs

Options
hiya, i was wondering if anyone would be able to help me .... i stock up on carb foods such as potatoes, bread and pasta as i see it as filling me up therefore wont over eat however im reading that carb foods bloat you and iv noticed this to be the case with me so i was wondering what other foods can i replace these with in order to keep me filled up

thanks

Replies

• Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    fats and protein

steak

eggs

bacon
  • Kushgetti
    Kushgetti Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Sweet potatoes....wheat bread wheat pasta and everything acg67 stated...u can still have those things but try getting healthier versions and not eating so much of it...also eat ever few hours and drinking b4 a meal also helps u not to over eat
  • mvandommelen
    Options
    Eat foods high in protein and fibers! I eat popcorn, which has carbs, put also fiber. I do not eat pasta and rarely potatoes. We do not really eat bread either, but if you are going to eat those things, get the whole wheat variety. Eat lots of fruits, they fill you up and lean meats. I also eat Kashi foods, they have carbs, but are all natural carbs, and they have both protein and fiber. I eat Kashi go lean cereal daily and LOVE it! One cup fills me up from breakfast to lunch!
  • ckmama
    ckmama Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    Vegetables and lean proteins
  • MikeSEA
    MikeSEA Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    fats and proteins keep my energy up, but they do very little to keep me feeling full.

Fiber keeps me feeling full. Broccoli, apples, etc. It's still carbs, but I don't know that they necessarily bloat me.
  • daves160
    daves160 Posts: 600
    Options
    Agreed!

Hiht protein, low fat meats
    Nuts, Greek yogurt, Whole milk etc.

Stay away from starchy food!
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    fats and protein
    Yes....this will keep you more satisfied.
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    fish, seafood, beans, lower carb veggies (not corn, potatoes) go for colorful. Stay away from prepared or processed "food" if at all possible.
  • bringit30
    bringit30 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Any non-carb stuff :) I know it seems crazy - but I am eating very limited carbs and I am soooo full! You wouldn't think so, but if you give your body a couple days to get used to eating non-carbs and you will really be surpised by how full you actually are and you DON"T CRAVE the other junk or carbs. Just a thought - but it has worked wonders with me and I am losing weight fast!
  • dnsrmr
    dnsrmr Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I'm a low carb eater 98% of the time. I do not eat potatoes/rice/bread/corn or any other starches like them because as you - they bloat me too much, give me migraines, nervous/edgy, acid reflux and I feel absolutely terrible. If you are going to replace or add, there's always natural peanut butter on a low sodium rice cake with a cup of tea or decaf coffee, soft boiled eggs with mayo, pickles, mustard, celery, taco salad without the shell... and there are so many more.
    I guess I'm allergic to high carb foods. I've been tested for celiac disease, diabetes, thyroid problems, gluten allergies, and you name it, and have gone to several drs and dieticians, but they can't find anything wrong.
    I know what makes me sick, and it's food loaded with carbs.
    I only have them once in a while and have to take a prilosec before or else...
    Good post. Good luck!