Who’s excited for the Holiday season?

Options
polar135
polar135 Posts: 319 Member
As i get closer to my healthy lifestyle goal, it made me think, Who’s excited for the Holiday season?

This Guy is!

LOL. I say that as i get to see me entire extended family, who last saw me 35 pounds heavier, that means i get the huge ego boast of people telling me how good i look, (and the bad "your to skinny" comments).

I also know how to eat, and if i a happen to overindulge, my metabolism and my workouts will click in to help offset any weight i may gains.

I love the holiday season, but this year is going to be great!!!!

Replies

• mgmlap
    mgmlap Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    I am right there with ya. My dad is coming in for the holidays..and he saw me 15 pounds heavier..cant wait...
  • ejohndrow
    ejohndrow Posts: 1,399 Member
    Options
    Meh. It's like 90 degrees out I keep forgetting what month it is.
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    ME!

I am not in one single holiday pic from last year because I was so fat and hiding. I won't be this year.
  • moonshadows72
    moonshadows72 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Count me in for sure!

My entire family knows me as 40 lbs heavier... and nobody even knows ive been working on this!
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    I'm just looking forward to time off work...
  • Iamfit4life
    Iamfit4life Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    Yes and no

I'll be spending a lot of time with significant other and his family

but my ex has the children both holidays :(
  • _GlaDOS_
    _GlaDOS_ Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    I am! I'm probably going to Denver to visit my dad. He is my favorite! :smile:
  • wifeygonzo
    wifeygonzo Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Yes & no. I'm looking forward to spending time with the fam, but NOT looking forward to all holiday crowds & crazies!
  • baisleac
    baisleac Posts: 2,020 Member
    Options
    Several paid days off... plus a week of unpaid (shop closes between xmas and New Year's). I LOVE the holiday season. :bigsmile:
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    not me.
  • mandasimba
    mandasimba Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    I'm estatic! Going to visit my parents. Since I'm a jobless loser I can spend as long as I want there. Planning 1 week and Thanksgiving and 2 at Christmas. Sure beats all the years when I've only been able to spend a day or two. It is like being a little kid again when I visit, makes me very happy (except when they want me to do chores... I'm a guest now, damnit!)

Also can't wait to bake my heart out, since I never bake at home because I'm the only one to scarf it down :p
  • ladybg81
    ladybg81 Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options
    ME ME ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so excited. I have a 3 year old so this is the frist year he really truly gets the whole thing.
  • polar135
    polar135 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I probably should have said this before, but i am excited to spend the time with my wife and Kids. In the end, they are what make the holiday season great.
  • PlunderBunneh
    PlunderBunneh Posts: 1,705 Member
    Options
    I'm excited! It's my first year in a house, instead of a tiny third floor apartment, and on top of that, it's the fifth year of christmas with hubby, and we agreed a real tree every five years. Gonna decorate this place til it looks like a christmas disco ball!
    Not so much looking forward to my extended family drama, but I'm going to get through it. Very excited for my kiddos, 4 and 2, and the joy that little ones have when they see all the pressies.
    Feeling great about holiday food. This is the first year that I know I can prepare and do a great workout before big meals so I don't feel so sad about having to say no to pie.