Birth Control

Options
Does anyone else take seasonale? I have my cycle every 3 months. I just started seriously doing the whole weight loss thing on Oct. 15th. I go to the gym every day and make sure Im eating completely healthy. I was losing about a pound a day until this week and the scale has just stopped. I know it's normal to be bloated have more water weight during this time, but once this week is over Im curious if maybe the weight will go down another 5lbs or so from water weight? It's driving me nuts! I know I shouldn't be addicted to the scale, but it's really messing with me not seeing any results while Im working so hard!

Replies

• cmbrysonussery
    cmbrysonussery Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    A lb a day is a ton of weight. Once your weight loss stabilizes (after a usually a burst as you lose water weight in the very beginning) you can expect .5-2lb per WEEK loss.
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options
    My sister is on that one and she has been able to lose weight. I think at first she she said it increased her appetite, but after she got used to it that went away and she kept working out and lost weight.

Usually the lower dose the pills, the lower the chance of side effects.
    I recently switched from a higher dose to a lo-dose pill and noticed a decreased appetite and no more mood swings. I realize that I probably had an increased appetite on my old pills

I am taking loestrin 24 fe
  • Bonny272
    Bonny272 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel. My cycle really messes with my weight. I stay away from birth controll though. It makes me sick.
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    My sister is on that one and she has been able to lose weight. I think at first she she said it increased her appetite, but after she got used to it that went away and she kept working out and lost weight.

Usually the lower dose the pills, the lower the chance of side effects.
    I recently switched from a higher dose to a lo-dose pill and noticed a decreased appetite and no more mood swings. I realize that I probably had an increased appetite on my old pills

I am taking loestrin 24 fe

I'm with ya.. I take Loesterin too and weight loss has been no problem whatsoever.

Plus, I find that on it I lose steadly for like 3 weeks outta the month and then towards the end of the week before/week of, I lose nada and then the following Saturday, I'm in the bathroom like mad from peeing so much.. and the water weight is gone :)
  • iHEARTcardiacnurses
    Options
    I take seasonique and it did indeed make me much hungrier but the water weight KILLED ME. I'm not talking about a pound here or there, my weight would swing between a constant gain or loss of EIGHT pounds of water weight. I went off seasonique because I started having migraines with it and now I'm looking into Implanon.
  • Ephena
    Ephena Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    I'm on Seasonique and I'm pretty sure it is throwing my hormones way off track, I plan on talking to my doctor about dropping down a low hormone dose pill. Although honestly after so many years (12) on birth control, except when pregnant (which always happened as soon I stopped taking the pills), maybe I should give my body a break from the birth control and make my bf use protection.
  • TXBlonde81
    TXBlonde81 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I've been on it for 7ish years. I haven't had issues with weight gain/loss while on it. I only weigh 2 times a week so that I don't worry about daily fluctuations. Maybe give that a whirl and see if you feel any better about it all. I think I'd gladly trade 5-10 pounds to be period free for 75% of the year though. :)

Not everything works for everyone which is why there are so many choices. Switching could be helpful.