No Daddy your the ...

Options
Dadof8
Dadof8 Posts: 146 Member
First post, father of 8, 1 son, 7 daughters.

My youngest daughter was dancing around the room saying "I am the princess of the king", "I am the princess of the king". I stopped her and asked if I were the king, with a twinkle in her eye she said "No dad, your the fat old man of the king"! A friend at work showed me this app and I've been using it for about a week, seems to be going well. If any of you have a "Fountain of Youth" app please let me know I'll check that out too.

Replies

• killerqueen17
    killerqueen17 Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    7 daughters?? oh my goodness!! how old are your kids??

Welcome to the site and good luck on your journey!
  • mgdiock
    mgdiock Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    That gave me a chuckle! I am a father of three: A boy and 2 girls. Sometimes it is the small stuff that makes us realize where we are at in life. You'll do great! I love the app as well, and I have lost 10 lbs. in a month and a half. You will certainly feel better and probably start looking like the "King" as well.
  • rmwinters
    rmwinters Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Funny...kids can be so brutally honest though.
  • Dadof8
    Options
    25 to 11 one set of twins.
  • stephyy4632
    stephyy4632 Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    welcome and yep kids say the darndest things sometimes lol. I`m a mom of two little girls :)
  • GibsonDarlin
    GibsonDarlin Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Wow 7 daughters - God Bless you!!!! - Good luck in your weightloss/healthy lifestyle!!
  • buckaroos30
    buckaroos30 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    oh my god bless you with all those daughters. kids never tell lies. welcome to this site I have been here 2 months and love love love it! get some awesome support friends and join some challanges and you will do great. log everything you do & eat and drink water till your swishing and the weight will come falling off before you know it. Good Luck on your journey.
  • drpurl
    drpurl Posts: 190 Member
    Options

I can feel your pain! I have 1 son, 6 girls - 5 of them are teenagers right now.
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck to you! :flowerforyou:
  • mikajoanow
    mikajoanow Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    Kids ugh lol

Welcome to the site!!
  • HowardRose
    HowardRose Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    FIrst just let me say "Ouch". Then I have three daughters and when I was getting compared to Santa, that was my incentive...

Welcome to MFP, good luck.
  • davidlbass
    davidlbass Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    7 daughters? Dude, I got scared and quit after 2. Have a buddy with four daughters that was my inspiration. My hat is off to you.
  • Tegan74
    Tegan74 Posts: 202
    Options

I can feel your pain! I have 1 son, 6 girls - 5 of them are teenagers right now.

An here I've always thought 3 teenage girls was bad ~ you 2 are both insane :)

Welcome and good luck (with weight loss and keeping all your hair and sanity as the kids get older)!!!!
  • quietlywinning
    quietlywinning Posts: 889 Member
    Options
    LOL I can relate. My youngest showed me how she could exercise, "just like you, Mommy!" and proceeded to do sit-ups and leg lifts. She did MUCH better than me, by the way. But then she got up, lifted her shirt, and excitedly said, "See how fat my tummy is getting, just like yours??!"

Okay, so maybe I should cut back on the food. Exercise alone just wasn't working. I love MFP too!!!
  • stresco
    stresco Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    7 daughters? OMG. You poor *kitten*. Estrogen poising is the worst way to die.
  • Dadof8
    Options

An here I've always thought 3 teenage girls was bad ~ you 2 are both insane :)

Welcome and good luck (with weight loss and keeping all your hair and sanity as the kids get older)!!!!

I never had more than 5 teenage daughters at once, but I've done it twice and had 6 teenagers for a while.
  • Dadof8
    Options
    7 daughters? OMG. You poor *kitten*. Estrogen poising is the worst way to die.

I blame all my quirks and foibles on the fact that I suffer from second had Estrogen.