I Feel Like Death

Options
2»

Replies

• everydaypam
    everydaypam Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    When I started working out I found that even days I was eating enough good calories I would feel sick about half way through a low intensity workout if I didn't eat a meal about an hour before going to the gym. Eating afterwards wouldn't stop the feeling once I felt this way. A 100-300 calorie snack does not cut it for me, I have to have a full meal.Try changing up when you are eating to see if that can make any difference. Good luck and I hope it gets better for you!
  • meganrboorsma
    Options
    Wow, there are some great suggestions here! I completely agree with the above poster, however, who suggested that maybe a trip to the doctor is in order. It's a good place to start, anyhow, as my doctor gave me some great advice when I was trying to lose baby weight 3 years ago.

I also agree with trying a new form of exercise, the gal to recommended Zumba couldn't be more correct! It's a blast, and take it from the most un-coordinated girl in Michigan, you can do it! I love 'group' exercise and have formed close and lasting friendships through my classes at the gym. My favorite is CardioKick and I also have taken a heavy bag workout from a former Golden Gloves fighter here in town, that was killer.

Just a couple of suggestions... Sounds like the 'gym' really isn't your thing. Take those monthly fees and put them into something you enjoy, you'll be a lot more apt to stick with it and have better results!
  • Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    Options
    Yes I am eating plenty of calories including making up for the ones I burn at the gym. I am drinking plenty of water almost a gallon a day. I have been working our 6 days a week for about a month and a half and I WAS running for an hour each time (about 5 miles), but when it didn't get easier I cut it back to speed walking for a half hour (about 2.5 miles) 5 days a week and switched from interval runs to a weight loss program run which is similar but not as extreme, but it hasn't gotten any better. I don't know if it is just a state of mind thing but it doesn't seem to be effected by my mood... no matter what kind of day I'm having I still hate going, I still have to force myself for every step, and I still feel like I'm about to die when I get home...

I think if you tried different things until you found something you liked then maybe you wouldn't feel this way. There is a difference between feeling like daeth because your muscles are burning and you completed the most awesome work out, and feeling like death because you are forcing yourself to exercise and run which you don't seem to like. Spice it up girl!
  • Sexyfish
    Options
    A bit masochistic?
  • Blairsey
    Blairsey Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    First of all thank you for all the great advice, and for others... If you don't read the whole post then you really shouldn't respond because that just leads to multiple responses that have either been addressed or shot down.

On the update front I started working out in the morning, which has seemed to help a little bit.