Snacks

Options
KimR87
KimR87 Posts: 295 Member
I am working real hard at eating up to my calorie goal each day and after my main meals i ussially still have alot of calories left but not much sodium left. Does anyone know of any good high calorie snacks that are low in sodium and also dont have alot of sugar either??

Replies

• shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    Low sodium peanut butter, unsalted nuts or seeds, avocado, dark chocolate, reduced sugar "sweet treats" :D
    Hope this helps!
  • cajunlady56
    cajunlady56 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    100% juice
  • noexcuses1218
    noexcuses1218 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    dark chocolate roasted almonds (emerald nuts - but there may be more brands out there by now). add some dried cranberries and you've got yum in a handful.

oh wait - never mind the cranberries; they're full of sugar.
  • chubbychristianchick
    Options
    Fresh fruits and veggies. Hard boiled eggs. Reduced sodium cheese.
  • KimR87
    Options
    thanks guys i think im going to get some nuts. I've started getting alot better about the sodium thing but I really wanted a bacon egg and cheese biscuit earlier and well lol it wound up being 800 mg of sodium so took alot of my sodium goal up.
  • rocketmouse
    rocketmouse Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    What I like to do is look at what I'm eating throughout the day and try to moderate my sodium there as well. Mainly when I started cooking for myself more, I realized how much sodium was thoroughly unnecessary and just packed into store-bought, prepackaged food of all kind (even healthy brands). If you're making a salad, instead of dressing hit it with some lemon juice, a bit of olive oil, and a dash of salt and pepper. If you make a soup or a chicken or something, you can load it with non-salt spices for flavor. Of course that may not be an option for you but it's just my two cents.
  • KimR87
    Options
    yeah ive started monitoring my foods through the day before i eat them to see where they fit but like i said I really wanted the biscuit earlier and I had the calories for it so i made the mistake of eating it lol not i just need to find other ways of adding in my calories today