Does anyone else workout 5-6x a wk?

Options
I have found that even while charting my daily intake, the ONLY way I can seem to lose weight is that I HAVE to work out at least 5-6x a wk. 3x a wk does nothing for me. I don't know if my metabolism just really sucks or what. My caloric intake is not too low or too high. I'm wondering how your body is doing if you are working out 5-6x a wk? I am really tired, my workouts that I choose are not easy ones, they are pretty intense, and sometimes I find it depressing to think that I even after I reach my goal weight, I will have to be a slave to working out 5-6 days a wk. I have to mentally push myself to work out this often, but know that if I don't work out often enough, the weight will creep back. Is it ok for your body? I find that if I have less than 24 hrs btwn workouts, the latter workout suffers.

Replies

• andyloosbrock
    andyloosbrock Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I TRY to work out that much!
  • EMc4452
    EMc4452 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I notice I lose more weight when I exercise 5-6 times per week, but I'm pretty sure that's becaues when I exercise Im more prone to keeping a strict diet...just more mindful I guess.
  • kenyonsmom10
    kenyonsmom10 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    what are the lengths of your workouts? I also work out 6 days a week because I am doing an extreme program. You may also need to change up your workouts and eating plan. Remember, we can work out as much as we want, but if we aren't eating "clean" the weight wont fall off!!!
  • youarewhatyoueat86
    Options
    I work out 6 days a week, for either 1 or 1 & 1/2 hours each day at the gym.

I start with the treadmill for 20 minutes, elliptical for 40 minutes, and I'll either stop there or add in the ab circuit which are just a bunch of ab machines you do in order. Typically I'll burn between 700 - 850 calories daily.
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    I go to the gym pretty much every day. I really don't feel right if I skip a day. I do make sure to vary my exercises and intensity levels.
  • youcandoitjess
    Options
    I definitely try to work out as much as I can because when I don't work out, I use it as my excuse to eat like a jerk!!
  • sgtlittle
    sgtlittle Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I almost always workout 5 days a week unless there is some unexpected reason that I can not. On the days that I can't get a workout in, then I just reduce my caloric intake.
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    <--- 5 to 6 per week typically.
  • Diary_Queen
    Diary_Queen Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    I work out 7Xs a week rain or shine.... sometimes I'll get tired or TOM and rest, but more often than not... it's something for 30 mins or more (usually 45-60 mins) every single day. I get a lot of complaints on here that I'm 'doing too much', but I like to work my body and exercise also helps control my stress levels.
  • bluegirl10
    bluegirl10 Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    I workout 6 days a week.... I don't have a gym membership, so I just use dvd's... I find that by using a variety of them I am able to stay on track, not get bored and don't feel so tired because it's not constantly the same thing.

How long are you workouts? Are you getting enough sleep? Drinking enough water?
  • BArdovino78
    Options
    I workout 5-6 days a week. Sounds to me like you may be overtraining
  • Bankman1989
    Bankman1989 Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    You are gonna have to be more specific. What type of workouts? How many cals burned? What's your current weight? you may wanna open up your food and exercise diary if you are looking for help.

I cycle 5-6-7 times a week typically burning 12,000 to 15,000 calories a week. I eat fairly healthy and my daily calories currently just set at 2,000 after weeks at 1590. my net cals are always low but only because I average almost 2,000 cals burned daily.
  • rocketpants
    rocketpants Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I have consistently worked out 6 days a week for two years. Mostly I enjoy my workouts so I wouldn't want to work out less.
  • ashnm88
    ashnm88 Posts: 748
    Options
    5-7 times a week for me, around 30mins.
  • tshahady
    tshahady Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I work out 6 x's a week for approximately 2 hours - hardcore!! My workouts consist of strength training, cardio and a lot of intense bootcamp's. I have learned that I have to EAT back some of the calories i burn otherwise, I won't lose.
  • DisneyMommy
    Options
    I workout 6 days a week. One hour (+) 5 days and then day 6 is long run day so that can be 2 to 4(+) hours.
  • PlunderBunneh
    PlunderBunneh Posts: 1,705 Member
    Options
    I workout 6 times a week. I visit the gym for 65 minutes of cardio three times a week, and spend 30 minutes at home on the treadmill the other 3 days, in addition to some light toning/strength exercises (pushups, situps, ect) for about 20 minutes every day. In December, when my husband finishes up night school, I'll be adding in a night of weights at the gym as well. I have had my metabolic rate tested and the results showed it runs slow, which means if I ever want to reach a point where I am not watching what I eat like a hawk, I need to be in the habit of working out.
    It does get daunting at times to think I'll be doing this forever, but for the most part I enjoy seeing what my body can do, and pushing my limits to make it do more.
  • Clare_F
    Options
    I work out 5-6 times per week, 2 karate sessions (90 mins each), 3 runs between 4 and 8 miles and a swim if I get the time, I find it easier to keep motivated the more I do.
  • januarygal
    januarygal Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Yes, I do exercise 5-6 times per week. 3-4 high intensity and 2-3 long walks. My weight is stuck right now and without the workouts I am sure I would gain. I do need to be careful with my food, but working out can make me hungrier. Kinda a vicious circle, but the workouts do make me feel mentally better. I am working on finding the balance and I know from past experience that weight comes on very quickly when you stop working out unless you change your eating significantly. :ohwell:
  • Riley4ever
    Riley4ever Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I'm so over my gym bunny days so as long as I stick to my daily cals target (incl. exercise cals) and do moderate pace (2.5mph) walking for 2 x 1hrs per day, I lose weight. I appreciate it's an investment in time but I have to walk my dog anyhow and because it's low impact and gentle exercise (with great countryside views), I find it easy to stick to.

I've heard that after exercise you carry on burning calories so maybe do multiple but shorter workouts, that might help you combat your tiredness. If you're super tired then you may need to check in with your doctor that you're not anaemic (iron deficient). Good Luck.