New Diet Advice

Options
I've been reading about this new Diet called HCG. I'm thinking about trying it out. I see hundreds of thousands of people have had success on it. I'm looking to lose a lot of weight quickly and I'm thinking this is the way to go. What luck have y'all had on this? I know you cut your calories a lot but I take vitamins so I'm not worried about losing nutrition. Is this considered an all-natural diet? I'm not really interested in diet pills.

I look forward to hearing your feedback.

Replies

• ohwhataday
    ohwhataday Posts: 1,398 Member
    Options
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options
    dontwanttolive.jpg
  • Krull_the_WarriorKing
    Options
    dontwanttolive.jpg
    But that's not a valid opinion. I only listen to Bender
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    I dont know much about hcg,its like water sports right?
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    bump
  • kenyonsmom10
    kenyonsmom10 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I did HCG, and I dont feel it is for everyone. Honestly I think it is a "fad" this diet wants you to consume only 500 calories per day which is EXTREMELY unhealthy. I did it for a month, lost the weight and gained it right back when I go to the phase of adding foods back in..... you slowly get back to normal eating "clean eating".... however you have deprived your body for so long that your body tends to HOLD every little thing you put in it.....
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    And the troll scores with that one....
  • WhitneyJerome
    WhitneyJerome Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Don't the whole diet is only eating 500 hundred calories a day and taking shots this is very unhealthy. Just watched Dr. Oz the other day and though the results were varied, there were cases that were almost fatal. Example, one woman said the first week she was moody hungry and felt ill all the time. Then week two she passed out from hunger. After going back to regular eating she didn't have a menstrual cycle for 4 months. Sounds too scary for me.
  • RockHardAngel_777
    Options
    I have had a girlfriend do this diet, she lost over 50lbs in 6 months and looks amazing! Yes you eat only like 500 food calories a day, but that is because the drops contain all the calories in them that you need for your "daily" caloric intake. I would erge you to talk to your doctor about it. Don't worry they aren't goin to think your crazy. My girlfriend made sure it was ok to try with her doctor. You need to be assesed before you try any kind of diet truthfully. Especially this one. Best of luck. Sorry that people arent very much help sometimes, huh? ;/
  • tenilleo
    Options
    my friend tried it and only lasted a day. You have to cut your calories down to 500 per day! I also watched a show about it on Dr. Oz and alot of the HCG products you buy in a store or online don't contain very much, if any, of the hormone. To get the real deal you have to have it prescribed by a doctor.and not a lot of doctors will do it. Thats just a little of my knowledge of the subject! If you try it I hope it works out for u!
  • Krull_the_WarriorKing
    Options
    Don't the whole diet is only eating 500 hundred calories a day and taking shots this is very unhealthy. Just watched Dr. Oz the other day and though the results were varied, there were cases that were almost fatal. Example, one woman said the first week she was moody hungry and felt ill all the time. Then week two she passed out from hunger. After going back to regular eating she didn't have a menstrual cycle for 4 months. Sounds too scary for me.
    From what I understand there are pills and drops that can be done instead of just shots. Am I incorrect here?
  • WhitneyJerome
    Options
    my friend tried it and only lasted a day. You have to cut your calories down to 500 per day! I also watched a show about it on Dr. Oz and alot of the HCG products you buy in a store or online don't contain very much, if any, of the hormone. To get the real deal you have to have it prescribed by a doctor.and not a lot of doctors will do it. Thats just a little of my knowledge of the subject! If you try it I hope it works out for u!

Go Dr. Oz!! lol
  • daves160
    daves160 Posts: 600
    Options
    Losing weight too fast is never healthy.

1 -2 lbs per week is a good reasonable goal. AND... healthy eating is essential. (vitamins are good to take during dieting)

Exercise is very good too.
  • ladybg81
    ladybg81 Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options
    I would appreciate it if people would stop thinking my son is a diet (his initials are HCG.) It's a joke. Lighten up. ::walks away::: :indifferent:
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,219 Member
    Options
    My sister did HCG drop and only lasted on it for a week. In that time she always felt like she was starving, got dizzy constantly and started losing her hair. Doing it the right way (eating well and exercising) is better than some fad diet. My sister lost weight during that week but gained it back right away.
  • WhitneyJerome
    Options
    From what I understand there are pills and drops that can be done instead of just shots. Am I incorrect here?

The pills and drops are something completely different they only have a little bit of the hormone and from everything I have read and heard about they are a cheap mimic of the real deal which is done by injection.
  • macpatti
    macpatti Posts: 4,280 Member
    Options
    So glad you asked this. I was wondering where on this site I could learn about HCG. Glad I stumbled upon this thread. :wink:
  • JaysBlondeBrownie
    JaysBlondeBrownie Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    I have lost 750 pounds on this diet in one month and it is merely coincidence that my hair and teeth fell out.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    pee is all natural...