Raw food diet??

Options
Myself and my husband are interested in starting a modifided raw food diet, does anyone here do the raw food diet? What are your experiences?? I was looking for a good book to get us started, anyone have any recommendations?

Replies

• robinxhope
    robinxhope Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I try to eat a lot of raw foods. But I am very modified because I still eat some lean meats, dairy and whole wheat products and bake/cook a lot of my foods. I find I'm less hungry, my skin is better, and I can really tell how junk food makes me feel crappy.

Raw Food Life Force Energy, Natalia Rose.
    Superfoods, David Wolfe.
    Eat to Live, Joel Fuhrman (nutrient density).
    http://www.sunfood.com
  • bella8282
    bella8282 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I do Raw Paleo Diet.... So
    I eat 90% raw - Veggie's, Fruit's, nuts and seed's.
    the other 10% Salmon,Tuna and sardine's. and possibly some other types of fish from time to time.
    I juice vegetable's in the morning.

You can adapt it to how you want but you generally need to have a high amount of raw food's in your diet....
    My children eat alot of raw food's, but they still have other lean meat's, and they still eat bread's a treats etc ( only gluten and dairy free though... son is celiac)

Some site's to look at

http://girlonraw.com/
    http://healthyblenderrecipes.com/

If you dont want to be full raw, you dont have too... It really does not suit everyone.
    I was 100% raw for 12months but I got really ill... skin problems,hair loss, grumpy,lethargic.

Found once i incorporated some fish into my diet i felt wonderful!!

Good Luck!!!
  • marye2
    marye2 Posts: 25
    Options
    I don't do all raw foods but I do try to eat clean foods. I try to stay as far away from processed foods as possible and it has really helped me to feel better. Good luck.
  • floweringcurrant
    floweringcurrant Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I was 100% raw for about two months, and I felt really good in some ways, and not at my best in others. I didn't really have time to eat as much as I needed to to get sufficient calories for the day, and sometimes I would have problems with water retention and bloating due to all the fruits and vegetables I was eating.

I now eat about 70% raw, I eat a lot of fruits and vegetables, salads are a part of my meal every day. I also eat lots of steamed vegetables like kale and broccoli that I only really enjoy cooked. In addition, I eat about one cup of grains each day; either brown rice, quinoa, or something like lentils. I also eat some soy products sometimes like tempeh or non GMO tofu. This has been working really well for me because I get enough calories from the grains and I still feel the great benefits from all the raw fruits/vegetables I am eating. I have also noticed that my body does not experience bloating hardly ever anymore - basically I just feel all around better.

So I think a raw food diet is really different for different people. I couldn't really afford/keep up with it with my lifestyle, but I know some people who only eat 100% raw and swear by it. Try it and see what works for your body! Start out drinking lots of green smoothies. :)
  • Yakisoba
    Yakisoba Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    When I went raw I felt amazing.. now I feel like crap.

I have no idea why. Ani Phyo is onto something.