Fitness tools - Fitbit/ BodyBugg/ or Heart rate monitor

Options
I am looking to purchase something to keep me motivated and help me track my exercise better. I have looked into the Fitbit, which is like a fancy pediometer, then a BodyBugg which is what the people on Biggest Loser use and also a heart rate monitor like the Polar FT40. I want to know if anyone has used these and if they are happy with them or wished they had purchased something different.

Replies

• stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,549 Member
    Options
    I love my Fitbit. I've about worn the poor thing out!! I know how much I burn, how fast I run, how much I sit around on my butt, and how well I sleep. LOVE it! (And only $99)
  • kmbrooks15
    kmbrooks15 Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    I have a Body Media Fit, which is similar to Bodybugg (think it's made by the same company). It tracks my sleep (someone told me the Bodybugg doesn't, but I'm not 100% sure). I wear it all the time and don't even notice it anymore. The only reason I chose the Body Media over the Bodybugg is that Body Media has the new Core armband, which has a sleeker profile and doesn't show under my sleeves (unless they're short, of course). The great thing is we are into long sleeve weather, and hopefully by the time spring rolls around and I'm ready to wear short sleeves again, I won't need it! :wink:

I am GLAD I bought it. It tells me so much about my calorie burn, my sleep, etc. Their food database is crappy compared to MFP's, so I still track my food here and enter my total calories at Body Media's site as a daily estimate (not really an estimate, but that's the easiest way to list it on their site). If I only had 20 pounds to lose, I wouldn't have spent the money, but since I have about 75 to lose, it was worth it.