home work out videos

Options
i currently go to the gym on my lunch hour 5 days a week. I am able to work out 40 minutes tops before i have to head back to work and change. I am considering buying a xbox with kinect or the WII for the work out games. I was just wondering if anyone had any success with these sorts of work outs? I don't want to waste my money if the majority of people don't feel this is a very good work out. But i just feel like i would like to get more than 40 minutes a day or exercise as well and for the days i can't make the gym. Thank you to anyone who responds.

Replies

• adamswife23
    adamswife23 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I have never tried those, but I have just finished Insanity and am on Chalean Extreme with beachbody and have had AMAZING results. The videos are about 30-50 mins and you get a good workout in.
  • PrincessEliNa
    PrincessEliNa Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    I have the x box kinect, I don't use it much (I have other work out machines...) but the times I've done it (Mostly playing the games with my brother) well let me just tell you it DEFINITELY burns calories. ;) I say go for it if you're going to USE it. :D
  • brittanidigby
    brittanidigby Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I started working out on the PS3 with the EA Active 2, and I lost a total of 13lbs in the first two months. So it works. :) Goodluck!
  • kidbxrs
    kidbxrs Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    wow thanks guys. looks like hubby will be spending some money tonight, yay. Ill be sure and tell him ya'll said it was fine...JK, lol.
    i will just have to make sure i do use it for sure would hate to get it and see it sit there and collect dust.
  • xorachelrose
    Options
    I have the kinect and its pretty fun. I like to use it when i wanna burn a few extra calories. I dont really like any of the games that we have though.. But i do use workout dvds instead. I use Jillian Michael's 30 day shred. Its only 25 minutes long and trust me, you feel the burn! I've been doing it for the last month or so and you definitely get some awesome results.. i lost 10 pounds in the first 2 weeks. I'm more toned too! and all of my jeans are really loose on me haha. also its only like $8 online so its not even that expensive. It was totally worth it for me. :D
  • tmm01
    tmm01 Posts: 137
    Options
    I use wii fit plus, and biggest loser wii. These both seem to work, I try to get out an walk & swim as well. I would only suggest using video games for fitness as well as something else. They do burn calories, but I find if it's the only thing I'm doing they get a bit too repetitive.
  • nikkijoshua
    nikkijoshua Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I don't use an Xbox or Wii, but I workout at home 6 days/week. I do DVDs by Cathe Friedrich. She is really good and you can get an advanced, gym quality workout with her. She has so many DVDs to choose from that it's impossible to get bored. I also do Turbofire workouts, and some DVDs by Jeanette Jenkins and Michelle Dozois. I have no need for a gym membership having the DVDs I have and I like that I can set my schedule because class starts when I pop in the DVD.
  • amsandin
    amsandin Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I also use the Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred DVD and have lost 23 lbs and gone down 2 jean sizes. Yes it's only 25 minutes a day, but if you're doing it at least 4-5 times a week you are going to see awesome results. Plus the fact it's only 25 minutes makes it much easier to motivate yourself to do it that often.