What is your "go to" weight loss meal?

Options
What is your "go to" weight loss meal? You know ... the one that you KNOW you will show a loss on the scale in the morning if you eat it for dinner that day. Mine is steak ... regardless of whether I am eating normally using fitnesspal or doing points on weight watchers (fitnesspal is so much better!) ... steak, baked potato, salad ... that is what always shows a loss, but I know not to eat it every night. Once a week, but that once a week works for me. What works for you?

Replies

• neenaj33
    neenaj33 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Something spicy
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    Burritos and gin.
  • CindiBryce
    Options
    The point of weight loss is not to eat a specific meal that will result in fewer pounds the next morning. I have no "go to" weight-loss meal.
  • Ddietzz
    Ddietzz Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Chicken pesto pizza (w/ pita bread for the crust).... ummmm i can taste it right now.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    productImage.jpg
  • ZombieKillaPrincess
    Options
    egg white omelet with veggies or veggie meat, sometimes in a wrap or sandwich (usually open face sandwich to cut bread intake in half)
  • meshellmybell76
    meshellmybell76 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    soup! pretty much any kind.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    productImage.jpg

the only answer on here I believe.
  • chuluotababe
    Options
    2 Cups fresh spinach, 4 oz grilled chicken breast (cut into strips), 3 oz grape tomatoes, 1/4 cup baby bella mushrooms, 1/4 green bell peppers, .5 tbsp olive oil, 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar, pinch of italian seasonsing, salt, pepper. I'll also try to get in 5 miles on the treadmill.
  • CindiBryce
    Options
    Hmm...I'm quite surprised to find that so many people would eat a specific meal the day before weigh-in just to lose some water weight.
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    Hmm...I'm quite surprised to find that so many people would eat a specific meal the day before weigh-in just to lose some water weight.

That's not water weight I'm losing! :laugh:
  • Minnesnowtagurl
    Minnesnowtagurl Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    LOL @ the EXLAX because it's true.

Mine that maintains my weight is grilled shrimp, green and red pepperssatueed with red onions : ) Squeezed lime for a tangy kick
  • silkysly
    silkysly Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Water..., lol.
  • BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    Bottle of Wine
  • Jana9559
    Options
    productImage.jpg

LMAO! :)
  • pjholcomb
    pjholcomb Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I asked the question because people keep posting over and over the question of what is your dream cheat or what food would you cheat on your diet with if you could. Those questions make me crazy. I can't believe they get posted at all. I am asking to keep the focus on proper eating, not cheat eating.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    I asked the question because people keep posting over and over the question of what is your dream cheat or what food would you cheat on your diet with if you could. Those questions make me crazy. I can't believe they get posted at all. I am asking to keep the focus on proper eating, not cheat eating.

there is no need to cheat on a diet because you can eat whatever you want on a diet and lose weight

define "proper eating"
  • LizGogol
    LizGogol Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    throughout my weight loss process, I pretty much ate a 2 egg omlette stuffed full of veggies with rye toast everyday! mmmm put a lil salsa in there too! yum!
  • pjholcomb
    pjholcomb Posts: 55 Member
    Options

there is no need to cheat on a diet because you can eat whatever you want on a diet and lose weight

define "proper eating"

Okay, proper eating, to me, on a limited caloric diet like myfitnesspal is to eat within the calories ... but not just within the calories ... staying within the categories of protein, sodium, etc. as outlined in our food diary. Proper eating does not include "cheat days" where it all goes to hell ... proper eating is to make the decision to eat clean or eat healthy or whatever defines your eating within the myfitnesspal guidelines.

If I were to spend time answering questions like "what food would you cheat with", I would get cravings and surely eat something (or some things) that would put a temporary roadblock in my path to the goals I have set for myself.

I would be much more encouraged by what others eat that are successful in their dieting and better health journey than what others dream of eating that they know would be counterproductive.
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    I just eat what I want. I lose weight if i am under my calories for the week