Need a weekly dinner plan? Around 500 - 600 Cals Max ! THANK

Options
Hi

Need some advise on making something for dinner.

Im given myself approx 1200 Cals a day with approx 700 Cals being used between breakfast, lunch and snacks.

However my big downfall is dinner.

I can eat around 500 - 600 Cals no problems but what i eat just isnt filling.

I eat approx between 6.15pm - 6.45 pm but go for a run around 7.30pm - 8.30pm+

But i have no problems running or getting motavation to run its just i need something that gives me much much more energy.

Tonight i had Bacan and Sauge sandwich and as you can tell it was nice but not great before running.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Also i could do with something simple to cook (im no chef by any means!!!) but quick too.

Thanks You :-D

Replies

• Dexy_
    Dexy_ Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Spag bowl (mince, pasta sauce and pasta) for me is about 400cals a serve for me. Also there's chicken and brown rice (around 300cals a serve). Those are 2 regular dinners for me that are very filling.
  • hsh0927
    hsh0927 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Turkey burgers and a salad
    Taco salad with ground turkey or grilled chicken and salsa as dressing
    grilled chicken sandwich with avacodo (good replacement for mayo) lettuce, and tomato
    Go light on the seasoning to reduce sodium
  • 2Bgoddess
    2Bgoddess Posts: 1,096 Member
    Options
    you can get some good sugar free (or low sugar) protein powder to make shakes. you can have a lighter meal and have the protein shake with it, the one i use is about 100 calories, but the protein keeps the tummy busy longer :-) just a thought.
  • leopardvice
    Options
    turkey burgers, salmon, lots of steamed veggies, variations of grilled/baked chicken
  • chedges9090
    chedges9090 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    My suggestion is going to be a little different than food. You are having the same problem that I have always had. Dinner. I like Dinner.. and, for me.. I want it to be my larger meal. (and that is when my family eats.. so, it ends up that way.).

My suggestion is to start counting your calories differently.

Log tonights dinner as your first meal of the day for Tomorrow. Then log your bfast, lunch, snacks. and that is your daily calorie count. For me, anything after 5pm goes to my next day.. and that includes excercise. If I excercise tonight.. at 6pm.. then it goes towards tomorrows calories, etc,

I KNOW this sounds ridiculous. and that we should be able to figure it out.. but, this has really really helped me. IF I have a heavy dinner,., then it is so much easier for me to work out bfast, lunch and snacks to stay within my calorie count. Dinner can ruin my calorie day. .and I usually don't excercise at night.. so, once I have gone over.. I am over. However, doing it this alternate way.. sometimes I see that I am going to go over calories.. and will take a quick 15 minute walk and burn those "extras"...

Let me know if you try this.. and if it works for you :)
  • kendib
    kendib Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    kraft.com has great recipes under the healthy living and most only take about 30-45 min. to make. Substitutions can be made for some of the other recipes such as, ground turkey, brown rice, whole wheat noodles, etc. Last night I had Undone Stuffed Pepper Casserole for with website for 320 calories for 1 cup. I replaced the ground beef with turkey, white rice with brown and a 2% shredded cheese so the calories were even less.