Does protein powder makes you......

Options
......... fart????
:blushing: :blushing: :blushing:

Replies

• 2Bgoddess
    2Bgoddess Posts: 1,096 Member
    Options
    i was going to answer makes you.....constipated (sometimes anyway) but yes, that too~! :blushing:
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    They soy ones did. Whey is much better.

BTW. Kashi go lean cereal makes me fart
  • BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    It depends on your digestive system. If you think you have issues, switch brands
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    Sometimes yes.. and super bloated.. Esp if I put it in cows milk and not soy milk.

My trainer said to try half a scoop and then work my way up until my system gets used to it... Esp because I have a slight lactose allergy...
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    I've never had a problem with protein powders.
  • ziesergirl_66
    ziesergirl_66 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    I use Whey with Almond milk....and haven't noticed that...but, everyone's body is different.
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Some brands yes. I had to switch mine and no issues since then.
  • spyork
    spyork Posts: 187
    Options
    No................................................ but i do tend to have the same brand all the time.
  • fionat29
    fionat29 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Everything makes me Fart!! Lol!! Smelly ones too!! :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • 12in2012
    Options
    I'm new to MFP, but I've been using the same type of protein powder for a good two years now. I find that it doesn't, but I mix it up with strawberries, and water. The vanilla taste is diminished by the berries, and all I taste is a strawberry smoothie.

Have you tried different types of protein powder? Maybe it's the one.
  • MissMaryMac33
    MissMaryMac33 Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    I drink at least 2-3 protein shakes a day and this depends greatly on the brand and type of protein.
    I make sure I buy a good 100% whey protein isolate and then I don't have the bloaty/gassy issue.
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    It doesn't have that effect on me, but it does with my bf :(
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options
    Nope! I use whey and have never had a problem.
  • smb0701
    smb0701 Posts: 234
    Options
    yes, i hate to admit but it gives me a little gas:embarassed:
  • cheesebox
    cheesebox Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    If you are mixing cow milk into it and drinking it daily, and never drank cow milk quite that much before, if you are also at least around age 30 and female, it could be more of a lactose intolerance starting. Personally, I haven't had any problems with protein powder.
  • whitejessamine
    Options
    Definitely! But, I'm allergic to whey and have issues with soy, so I always figured that was the reason...
  • sabcooke
    sabcooke Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I was using whey protein for ages then changed to good and natural soya protein and have noticed I am farting loads so I'll be heading back to the whey lol
  • moxleymama6
    moxleymama6 Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    Whey+almond milk=:)
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    Not the protein powder, but the flaxseed and fiber additives I put in the shake sometimes. :blushing:
  • hewhoiscd
    hewhoiscd Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    That's why I switched to Whey Protein Isolate. Regular Whey Protein has lactose. I also use lactose free milk to mix it with. Much better now :D