<3 Alcohol

Options

Replies

• TDGee
    TDGee Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    So do you think my love of booze screws up weight loss?

It's fine to love your booze, just don't LOVE your booze, because then it could become a protein shake.
  • BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    Alcohol should go back to being banned. It ruins marriages and children's lives. It's not something to celebrate nor is it something to brag about. Alcohol kills. It'sa joke and it blows my mind how many people are on here asking what kind of alcohol they can drink so they can continue to drink and still lose weight.

I so can not wait until they ban Ignorance. Its not the Alcohol you asshat. Its the people that abuse it with the livers.
  • BigDaddyBRC
    Options
    If you enjoy a drink or two
    But I enjoy a drink or twelve...

Love you.
  • BigDaddyBRC
    Options
    Lts see, Ive had an Awful Awful ad 3 bottles of wine this week. and OMG...I lost weight...so yeah. If you do what you need to in order to enjoy some. Do it to it...but done over relish it
  • _Ben
    _Ben Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    As long as you calorie count it, absolutely not. Try to stick to liquor over beer though, more % alcohol, less calories
  • xSophia19
    xSophia19 Posts: 1,536 Member
    Options
    Right ok, soo alot of people are saying that you can drink alcohol and still loose weight if ur under your calories.. So in other words, if i ate 1400 cals a day of lard, or 1400 cals a day of nutritious food i will loose weight on either one of them?! ....no! Its WHAT you put into your body that will help you too loose weight! Even if u are under your calories, alcohol isnt nutritious for you! Sorry you can all call me a bit.ch but i really dont care, ive learnt that if i stay under my cals yet eat crisps, chocolate, carbs etc i wont loose weight, whereas if im under my cals and eat plenty of fruit n veg, protien, a little carbs then i will loose weight :)
  • thisisabbie
    thisisabbie Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    So do you think my love of booze screws up weight loss?

It's fine to love your booze, just don't LOVE your booze, because then it could become a protein shake.

hahaha Ted, that is wrong.

Kinda makes me think of that bedroom scene from American Pie. LOL
  • @ xSophia19....Thank you.
  • Alcohol should go back to being banned. It ruins marriages and children's lives. It's not something to celebrate nor is it something to brag about. Alcohol kills. It'sa joke and it blows my mind how many people are on here asking what kind of alcohol they can drink so they can continue to drink and still lose weight.

I so can not wait until they ban Ignorance. Its not the Alcohol you asshat. Its the people that abuse it with the livers.

Perhaps you should read the rest of my replies before you use an immature name like "asshat"...
  • ProudDaddy
    ProudDaddy Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Well petty lover..Thats his problem..Not everyone that drinks or likes to drink has a drinking problem..Im sorry for your idiot man but please dont lash out on people that dont have that problem.
  • jenny95662
    jenny95662 Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    no cause i lost 90 pounds in 10 months while drinking and cubing 2 times a week every week when i first turned 21
  • jenny95662
    Options
    Right ok, soo alot of people are saying that you can drink alcohol and still loose weight if ur under your calories.. So in other words, if i ate 1400 cals a day of lard, or 1400 cals a day of nutritious food i will loose weight on either one of them?! ....no! Its WHAT you put into your body that will help you too loose weight! Even if u are under your calories, alcohol isnt nutritious for you! Sorry you can all call me a bit.ch but i really dont care, ive learnt that if i stay under my cals yet eat crisps, chocolate, carbs etc i wont loose weight, whereas if im under my cals and eat plenty of fruit n veg, protien, a little carbs then i will loose weight :)

then how did i loose 90 pounds doing WW and working out while drinking at least 2 times a week at the clubs? all i did was walk 3 miles a day and stay with in my points
  • Booboo78
    Booboo78 Posts: 169
    Options
    It kind of does:

Alcohol slows the metabolism down which makes the rate of calorie burn slow right down. More importantly, it directly affects the liver. The liver is the primary organ that aids fat burning.

After you've had a bit of a session (drink wise) the liver goes into overdrive and desperately tries to rid the body of the toxins of alcohol FIRST, that anything eaten as well will take a 'back seat' and may end up stored as fat. In fact, if you go to the gym 'the morning after' the body will burn off the alcohol first, then the carbs, then fat stores.

In moderation, probably not so bad, but it REALLY truly does have to be in moderation.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options

Sorry, but you are wrong. This is a very basic concept and spreading misinformation doesn't help. If you ate 1400 calories a day worth of lard, beer and chocolate, you would still lose weight. You would end up with other health problems eventually, sure, but you'd lose weight. There's just no way around it.

There are many, many people here (including myself) who have lost significant weight while including alcohol in our diets. Account for the calories just like you would account for anything else you eat/drink and you'll be fine.
  • jenny95662
    Options

Sorry, but you are wrong. This is a very basic concept and spreading misinformation doesn't help. If you ate 1400 calories a day worth of lard, beer and chocolate, you would still lose weight. You would end up with other health problems eventually, sure, but you'd lose weight. There's just no way around it.

There are many, many people here (including myself) who have lost significant weight while including alcohol in our diets. Account for the calories just like you would account for anything else you eat/drink and you'll be fine.

thank u exactly what i was saying its all about calories in and calories out :)
  • boomboom011
    boomboom011 Posts: 1,459
    Options
    Alcohol should go back to being banned. It ruins marriages and children's lives. It's not something to celebrate nor is it something to brag about. Alcohol kills. It'sa joke and it blows my mind how many people are on here asking what kind of alcohol they can drink so they can continue to drink and still lose weight.

i love the word asshat!
    I say get your drink on, just dont drive and be an *kitten*. Drink responsibly! I drink to the OP tonight. :drinker:
  • xSophia19
    xSophia19 Posts: 1,536 Member
    Options
    fackin ell i was only saying my opinion! were all entilted to it arnt we?!
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    fackin ell i was only saying my opinion! were all entilted to it arnt we?!

we sure are but people have the right to shoot down others opinions if they are wrong.
  • warmachinejt
    warmachinejt Posts: 2,167 Member
    Options
    all i can say is you probably won't ever meet a natural bodybuilder that drinks
  • itzAstonish
    Options
    The problem is alcohol take priority over your macros, so when you drink, try not to eat with it, because the alcohol is what's going to burn before the fat or carbs. If you're going to drink, keep it in your calories, meet your macros for the day, and enjoy in moderation. Unless you're a body builder or competing, going out to drink once or twice a week won't hurt your progress too much as long as you do it right and factor those calories in. Go hard in the gym the next day too