"Andiam, andiam mio bene!" Newbie here!

Options
Hello everyone! (Subject means "Let's go, let's go, my love" from Mozart's Don Giovanni - just a little motivation!! :happy: )

My name is Colleen and I'm a 23 y/o 'student in transition.' I've recently graduated with my Bachelors degree in Music (Voice Performance). I plan to persue a career in Opera and in today's society (what with MET LIVE HD Broadcasts) it's not just about "the fat lady singing!" With that being said, that is one of my MAIN reasons for finally making the changes in my life that are well over due. Since about 2nd grade, I've always been bigger than the other kids. In 8th grade, I joined WW with my mom and lost about 40+lbs in 2 years. I was thrilled and healthy by the end of my 10th grade year...but once I hit college...I gained probably 80+lbs back!!! Between late night study sessions that always involved lots of food, or surviving off of Ramen Noodles, a 'HEALTHY diet' was difficult to achieve! So, now is the time for me to make changes in my life so that I can really start LIVING.

I began my weight loss journey in October (lost about 7lbs that month) but when November rolled around, I slacked off and couldn't find my motivation with Thanksgiving (a big holiday for my family) and lots of traveling that month. So, on December 2nd, 2008 I decided to really make it happen. I've made a weight loss goal chart...with the date, my desired loss for the week (1.5lbs a week is what I'm shooting for), my current weight that day, amount lost that week, and then total weight loss. I've put that up in my house and at work, just a visual reminder to reach my goals. (And by Dec 18th 2009 - my 24th Bday I hope to be about 20 lbs from my GOAL weight!! - Just in time for the MET Auditions and Graduate School Auditions!) I was skeptical about the calorie counter at first, as I use a different system to track my food intake and I enjoy writing EVERYTHING down to hold myself accountable, but I've found this site to be EXTREMELY helpful in even that. Just another place to see everything laid out there!

I'm really looking forward to find that added support of people who are experiencing similar situations. I've lost 18.6lbs to date (since my highest weight in Oct 2008), but still have about 88lbs more to go. It will be a long and difficult journey, I know, but I'm looking forward to accomplishing these goals and celebrating everyone elses successes as well! Thanks in advance for support and understanding! :flowerforyou:

Ciao mi amici!

138117.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Replies

• Opera_Bound
    Opera_Bound Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! (Subject means "Let's go, let's go, my love" from Mozart's Don Giovanni - just a little motivation!! :happy: )

My name is Colleen and I'm a 23 y/o 'student in transition.' I've recently graduated with my Bachelors degree in Music (Voice Performance). I plan to persue a career in Opera and in today's society (what with MET LIVE HD Broadcasts) it's not just about "the fat lady singing!" With that being said, that is one of my MAIN reasons for finally making the changes in my life that are well over due. Since about 2nd grade, I've always been bigger than the other kids. In 8th grade, I joined WW with my mom and lost about 40+lbs in 2 years. I was thrilled and healthy by the end of my 10th grade year...but once I hit college...I gained probably 80+lbs back!!! Between late night study sessions that always involved lots of food, or surviving off of Ramen Noodles, a 'HEALTHY diet' was difficult to achieve! So, now is the time for me to make changes in my life so that I can really start LIVING.

I began my weight loss journey in October (lost about 7lbs that month) but when November rolled around, I slacked off and couldn't find my motivation with Thanksgiving (a big holiday for my family) and lots of traveling that month. So, on December 2nd, 2008 I decided to really make it happen. I've made a weight loss goal chart...with the date, my desired loss for the week (1.5lbs a week is what I'm shooting for), my current weight that day, amount lost that week, and then total weight loss. I've put that up in my house and at work, just a visual reminder to reach my goals. (And by Dec 18th 2009 - my 24th Bday I hope to be about 20 lbs from my GOAL weight!! - Just in time for the MET Auditions and Graduate School Auditions!) I was skeptical about the calorie counter at first, as I use a different system to track my food intake and I enjoy writing EVERYTHING down to hold myself accountable, but I've found this site to be EXTREMELY helpful in even that. Just another place to see everything laid out there!

I'm really looking forward to find that added support of people who are experiencing similar situations. I've lost 18.6lbs to date (since my highest weight in Oct 2008), but still have about 88lbs more to go. It will be a long and difficult journey, I know, but I'm looking forward to accomplishing these goals and celebrating everyone elses successes as well! Thanks in advance for support and understanding! :flowerforyou:

Ciao mi amici!

138117.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • snorker88
    snorker88 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Hey, sounds like you're really focused on what you want to achieve.

I know what you mean, I'm 25 now, and when I started University here in the UK at 18, I was a reasonably active and healthy person, but the late nights, take-aways and drinking sessions left me feeling really unhealthy and a lot bigger than when I left college.

Its taken me a while to motivarte myself to do something about it, I've just gone back to Univeristy again, this time I'm not going to fall into the same trap!!

Good luck :happy:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP. You will love it here, everyone is so supportive and helpful. This site is soooo motivational. I love it here, this site has helped me so much. I just wanted to wish you good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this.