Finally!!

Options
After a 2 month plateau, the scale FINALLY moved!! I lost 2 pounds this week! I was getting so frustrated. I know I slacked some during the holidays, but I was still working out 3-4 times a week and nothing was happening. Then, I joined a gym 3 weeks ago and really began to recommit to everything. I am working out 5 or 6 days a week for no less than an hour a day and am eating most of my exercise calories. I pretty much figured the first week I wouldn't lose anything, but last week I was nearly in tears when the scale didn't move. I burned 5400 calories last week and nothing?! WTH? I am so ecstatic that the work is showing on the scale now. (my measurements were stagnant during this time too, so double frustration!) Oh yeah...as an added bonus, I lost right before TOM is rearing it's ugly head in! :bigsmile:
Wow! I'm sorry for the length of this post! :blushing:

Replies

• amycakes812
    Options
    After a 2 month plateau, the scale FINALLY moved!! I lost 2 pounds this week! I was getting so frustrated. I know I slacked some during the holidays, but I was still working out 3-4 times a week and nothing was happening. Then, I joined a gym 3 weeks ago and really began to recommit to everything. I am working out 5 or 6 days a week for no less than an hour a day and am eating most of my exercise calories. I pretty much figured the first week I wouldn't lose anything, but last week I was nearly in tears when the scale didn't move. I burned 5400 calories last week and nothing?! WTH? I am so ecstatic that the work is showing on the scale now. (my measurements were stagnant during this time too, so double frustration!) Oh yeah...as an added bonus, I lost right before TOM is rearing it's ugly head in! :bigsmile:
    Wow! I'm sorry for the length of this post! :blushing:
  • mandersen16
    Options
    THAT IS INCREDIBLE!!!! :happy: :happy: :happy: It's so exciting to finally see that scale move again!!! Did you do anything different? Working out more??

That is very exciting! Keep up the good work!
  • pipinana
    pipinana Posts: 2,356 Member
    Options
    SWEET! I hate reaching a plateau, but LOVE coming out! Keep up the GREAT work! :flowerforyou:
  • amycakes812
    Options
    THAT IS INCREDIBLE!!!! :happy: :happy: :happy: It's so exciting to finally see that scale move again!!! Did you do anything different? Working out more??

That is very exciting! Keep up the good work!

Thank you! I did start increasing my workouts 3 weeks ago. I was working out 3-4 times a week for 40-60 minutes. I've upped it to 5-6 times a week for 1-2 hours and added in extra strength training. Hopefully the losing trend will continue and I won't plateau again soon!
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    congrats that is so great, keep up the great work.
  • katrinas_way
    Options
    AWESOME!! I am happy for you...nice job keeping at it despite seeing no changes for two months- that is DEDICATION and MOTIVATION- and that will get you far in all of life's endeavors!:smile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!