Decorating

Options
Today I am going to be glossing and rubbing back the wood to be painted in our hall way. I was wondering should I class this as exercise and if so what should I put it as?

Just that I am going to be doing this most of the day and assumed I must burn some calories whilst doing it? :smile:

Replies

• chocolateandvodka
    chocolateandvodka Posts: 1,856 Member
    Options
    do you have an hrm? just be careful not to get anything in your eye. i've heard this sort of thing can cause blindness.
  • mmuzzatti
    mmuzzatti Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    The way I see it a workout is a workout and nothing can substitute for it. So I say no and you get a workout in at some point. This way it's a win-win. How much weight have you lost? You know the answer to your question....good try!
  • matthewdill83
    Options
    disagree with the above post, and an HRM would prove it.. Physical activity is physical activity, aslong as you elevate your heart rate, all that matters. You will be burning more calories than if you were watching tv or something related. The only way to truely know how much, is with an HRM that will measure it for you....
  • cutiepie2628
    cutiepie2628 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    i personally feel like anything that u do to get ur heart rate up ... is considered exercise...u will be burning calories so .... yeah....log
  • cutiepie2628
    cutiepie2628 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    disagree with the above post, and an HRM would prove it.. Physical activity is physical activity, aslong as you elevate your heart rate, all that matters. You will be burning more calories than if you were watching tv or something related. The only way to truely know how much, is with an HRM that will measure it for you....

agreed....
  • babydull
    babydull Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Bizarre. Just asked this myself. I'm classing it as calories burned as it's physical activity I don't usually do. I'm thinking of putting it under light cleaning, possibly moving furniture if I do, and maybe a spot of heavy cleaning for the vigorous aspects, rubbing down and prepping. I don't have a HRM, I did but was allergic to the latex material. But of course that would be the best way to measure.
  • matthewdill83
    Options
    i personally feel like anything that u do to get ur heart rate up ... is considered exercise...u will be burning calories so .... yeah....log

agreed
  • babydull
    babydull Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    I will add, however, that I don't eat my exercise calories back usually. So my exercise estimates don't need to be correct, just rough.
  • morganhccstudent724
    morganhccstudent724 Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    do you have an hrm? just be careful not to get anything in your eye. i've heard this sort of thing can cause blindness.

I heart you <3
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I consider any physical activity above and beyond my normal routine is exercise.

Google for calories burned while painting... you'll get a bunch of results. If the burn seems high, only log half of it.