Ladies: Workout Videos?

Options
What are some good workout videos that I can buy? Like something not very expensive but works good and you got results? I am interested in them after seeing a infomercial on tv for The Firm Express but it's like $100! Help a sistah out ladies! :)

Replies

• kimmers99
    Options
    I like the 30day shred! It kills me every time!
  • bmmadden
    bmmadden Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Well If you dont have any Jillian Michaels she is a good place to start, she has several out including 30 Day Shred, Ripped in 30 just to name a couple and they sell for 10 or less at Walmart Target, Then I also like The Biggest Loser DVDs they also sell for about 10 and I like Lesley Sansone walking ones, last time I was at Walmart I saw one by the Kardashian sisters but never tried it. Some stores also sell the Firm and their pretty reasonable at the stores
  • mom2lyla
    mom2lyla Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I highly recommend Turbo Jam! I bought my DVD on Amazon for less than 10 bucks. The one I got has 5 workouts--Learn and Burn, 20 minute, Turbo Sculpt, Ab Jam, and Cardio Party (45 min). It's nice to be able to skip around so you don't get bored with just one.
  • stacyb521
    Options
    Bob Harper Ultimate Cardio Body is a great work out but it's super intense!
  • Shaz_74
    Shaz_74 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Everyone will recommend Jillian - her videos are cheap but effective.

Check here for more choices: www.totalfitnessdvds.com
  • Abbyyyyyy
    Options
    Great thanks guys! I'll be heading over to Walmart/Target this week :)
  • 40Marbles
    40Marbles Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Bob Harper has some good videos out.

Check your library, ebay, half.com and craigslist too. When I want something I try to ask myself "Do I need it now - do I need it new?"
  • Eponine7
    Eponine7 Posts: 161
    Options
    I'll second the Jillian Michaels' DVDs--30 Day Shred is a favorite. Ripped in 30 is good too. No More Trouble Zones is awesome for toning.

I actually shelled out the big bucks for The Firm Express. While it was fun, it was no way near as effective as my $8.99 DVD of the 30 Day Shred.

Happy shopping!
  • wifeygonzo
    wifeygonzo Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I bought some of The Firm videos at Target when they were on sale, I love them.
  • utgrrl82
    utgrrl82 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    In the past I have just put on my favorite music and danced to it for an hour or more. I turn off all the lights so no one sees me when my son is bed and I just go for it. Actual videos... I have got one from Jillian M and it was great!
  • mpmama2re
    mpmama2re Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    If you have Netflix... Search crunch!
  • Real_Cool_Hand
    Options
    Ditto on Jillian's videos - Killer Buns and Thighs and Yoga Meltdown are great.
    I got "Look Better Naked" and like that too - I don't do it too often though because the 20 minute Metabolic workout has a bit of "jumping" moves. I get a little weird about that with my landlord downstairs, lol. So I do that when I know he isn't home! I do some P90X too.
  • Erin959
    Erin959 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I bought The Firm workout dvds for $50 and they came with weights and a set of 4 dvds. I got it from Big W, but it depends if you're in Australia or not. It's an excellent workout, I just finished the hi-def sculpt and you can really feel it. Also if you have a Wii, the Jillian Michael's Fitness Ultimatum is really good too
  • PedmomJill
    PedmomJill Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    My favorite is Cathe Friedrich, but her dvds aren't cheap.

Bob from The Biggles Loser is having a sale, or at least he was the other day. mytrainerbob.com is his website. They had some dvds on sale for $4.99 and $6.99. His workouts are really effective.
  • AZackery
    AZackery Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    Supreme 90 Day. 10 dvds for $19.99. You can find it at Walgreens, The Dollar General Store, Target, Bed Bath and Beyond, Academy.

Tae Bo. $10.00 a dvd

Chris Freytag has some good workouts. You can find her workouts on Amazon. Chris is one of my personal trainers.

You can also workout for free on your computer. Exercise TV has free workouts on their site.

http://www.exercisetv.tv/workout-videos/all/?videotype=free-full-length
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options
    I love most of Jillian Micheal's work out videos and saw results. I did the 30 day shred and lost a few pounds, but I got toned which I really liked. I also really like Piloxing (a combination of pilates and boxing) it's high energy cardio, but incorporates pilates so you also work on toning your legs, arms and core
  • phendrick
    phendrick Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I do the Firm 5 days a week. Great cardio, weights & kick boxing for 36 minutes. Target, 9.99.
  • AZackery
    Options
    I do the Firm 5 days a week. Great cardio, weights & kick boxing for 36 minutes. Target, 9.99.

Who's the instructor? Kelsie Daniels?

Kelsie Daniels is a good instructor.
  • Xtina_Beba
    Options
    Jillian Michael's burn fat, boost metabolism and yoga meltdown
    Neena & Veena Belly dance DVDS
    Rania Belly Dance DVDS

I also use netflix and www.exercisetv,tv
    You can look up youtube videos and on demand fitness section
  • AZackery
    Options
    Jillian Michael's burn fat, boost metabolism and yoga meltdown
    Neena & Veena Belly dance DVDS
    Rania Belly Dance DVDS

I also use netflix and www.exercisetv,tv
    You can look up youtube videos and on demand fitness section

Neena & Veena have good workouts. Rania does too.