Bonfire night

Options
I'm unloading my guilt now as I intend to have a porkpie and mushy peas with mint sauce, large jacket potato and cherry crumble and cream at tonights bonfire and firework display! I'll just have to think thin thoughts and go to the gym tomorrow.....:drinker:

Replies

• fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    We are going to the city fireworks, but they don't have food there so no temptation. When I was little we always had baked potatoes cooked in the bonfire at home, and then my father set fireworks off, but a few years ago one flew off sidewise and exploded by his ear, so they don't do them any more. He was deaf for several months.
  • Maryfullofgrace
    Maryfullofgrace Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Well that sounds so fun! Enjoy your night. Life is full, life is an occasion! You already have plans to go to the gym, so that is the thin way to think about your splurge! Have a great time!
  • beckamelia1
    Options
    we are havin a few fireworks and a little bonfire, but i will not be eatin anything just havin a few drinks!!!!:drinker:
  • kappyd
    kappyd Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I had to look up what you were celebrating, so happy Guy Fawkes Day, that is unless you were on the other side.
  • jellybaby84
    jellybaby84 Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    I have to work at my school's fireworks show (but it's tomorrow night). I'm serving the toffee apples so I'm safely away from the variety of (free!) food stalls all over the place!
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    I had to look up what you were celebrating, so happy Guy Fawkes Day, that is unless you were on the other side.

Ha ha! My (6 year old) son was Guy Fawkes in the school play yesterday and keeps asking things like "Why don't the Protestants just leave the Catholics alone?" and other such impossible ecclesiastical questions.