I can't believe....

Options
I only have 6 more pounds before I hit my goal weight!! I am hoping by Christmas I can make it. Once I do I am going to set another goal weight, I am thinking 145-135 depending on how I feel. Gosh, it's taken me 2 years and 1 month to get this far. So many struggles and plateaus. MY most recent NSV is that I have ALWAYS wanted a pair of knee high boots, sounds silly right?? Well, I could never zip them up all the way because my calves were TOO BIG!! So a few weeks ago I went and tried a pair on and they ZIPPED completely, only they were TOO lose and I nearly twisted my ankle. I finally found a pair that fit just right and absolutely love them!! They are nice to have when you live in Upstate NY where we get lots of snow and it's so cold during the winter, at least now my feet and can be cute AND warm when I go out. :-)

Replies

• oneLessS
    oneLessS Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    That's great! Congratulations! Can't wait to be there myself.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    This whole post just made me smile this morning.
  • leomom72
    leomom72 Posts: 1,798 Member
    Options
    i hear ya..i miss mine..great job
  • lindalou0703
    lindalou0703 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I am 2 pounds from goal weight. I am trying to decide if I should go another 5 pounds after that. Congrats on your progress :)
  • Iamachocaholic
    Options
    from your neighbor to the East (Vermont) ... thanks for posting such a motivating message, what a great way to start a sunny Saturday!!! :)
  • Maryfullofgrace
    Maryfullofgrace Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I only have 6 more pounds before I hit my goal weight!! I am hoping by Christmas I can make it. Once I do I am going to set another goal weight, I am thinking 145-135 depending on how I feel. Gosh, it's taken me 2 years and 1 month to get this far. So many struggles and plateaus. MY most recent NSV is that I have ALWAYS wanted a pair of knee high boots, sounds silly right?? Well, I could never zip them up all the way because my calves were TOO BIG!! So a few weeks ago I went and tried a pair on and they ZIPPED completely, only they were TOO lose and I nearly twisted my ankle. I finally found a pair that fit just right and absolutely love them!! They are nice to have when you live in Upstate NY where we get lots of snow and it's so cold during the winter, at least now my feet and can be cute AND warm when I go out. :-)

HA! I thought I was the only one who has "reset her goal weight"! Congratulations! I'd like to know the reason why you decided to change it. I'm just curious, my reason was I never thought I would reach my goal weight and then when I did, I looked back over the last couple of years and determined, okay, not so bad, got most of the chunk of the loss behind me, let's just see... and I reset my goal. What was yours?
  • asugar
    asugar Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! that is quite an achievement. I too want some boots... I am going to turn 50 in a month so maybe now is the time to go for it. Never had a long pair of boots! I am trying to re-motivate right now since my back has been aching every morning and its hard to exercise. I was looking for some motivation and I saw your post.
  • niknak0508
    niknak0508 Posts: 430 Member
    Options

HA! I thought I was the only one who has "reset her goal weight"! Congratulations! I'd like to know the reason why you decided to change it. I'm just curious, my reason was I never thought I would reach my goal weight and then when I did, I looked back over the last couple of years and determined, okay, not so bad, got most of the chunk of the loss behind me, let's just see... and I reset my goal. What was yours?

I'm actually sticking to 155 right now. Once I reach that then I would love to focus on more toning up. I am more than excited with my progress so far. I realize at 155 I will look great, but 145-135 is what I SHOULD be weighing at my height and age. I have worked so hard to get where I am at, I figure what's 10 or 20 more pounds? It's nothing compared to setting a goal of 100 pounds!! I know I can do it.
  • niknak0508
    niknak0508 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! that is quite an achievement. I too want some boots... I am going to turn 50 in a month so maybe now is the time to go for it. Never had a long pair of boots! I am trying to re-motivate right now since my back has been aching every morning and its hard to exercise. I was looking for some motivation and I saw your post.

Well thank you! Glad I could help with your motivation. Sometimes it takes a NSV to realize how well you are doing. I say GO FOR IT. I bet you'll be one sexy lady in your boots!! Very sorry to hear about your back aches :-( When I started my journey at 255 pounds, my back hurt EVERY single day. I almost gave up working out over it. I am certainly glad I didn't.

Some advice I can offer, is NOT to use the treadmill, it's very high impact on your legs and can really cause a lot of pain on your lower back. Most people don't realize the impact your feet take to the treadmill, if you use it, put it on a high incline. My father is a Personal Trainer and he HATES when the treadmill is used. I took his advice and it's helped me so much. Try using the elliptical on a low level and incline. It's less impact as you aren't "stomping" on the machine. Also, try stretching your hips and lower back everyday. Don't over due it though. I usually lay on my back, bend both of my knees w/ feet flat on the floor and cross one leg over the opposite, pulling slowly up toward my chest on the leg that's still flat on the floor. You will feel the muscles stretching, feels good. Just do it slowly and for about 20-30 seconds. I do that at least twice with each side.

Hope this helps!
  • candicejn
    candicejn Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Fantastic, congratulations on your success!
  • godslilgerl
    godslilgerl Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh i so want a pair of knee high boots i think they are so sexy...that is one of the first things i can't wait to buy when i hit goal...thought i was the only one who had that goal ha ha
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!