Has anyone ever tried "Miracle Noodles"?

Options
I saw them originally on QVC and didn't order because they were expensive. They have no calories, carbs, fat...basically nothing in them. I have been wondering about them and if they actually taste like pasta.

Replies

• shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    They don't really taste like pasta; they're hard to describe. Chewy, I suppose. They have a strange scent. Honestly, I would eat normal foods in moderation rather than turn to "calorie-free" foods- your body still needs sustenance, and won't be satisfied for any period of time with a "food" that has nothing to offer.
  • Justjoshin
    Justjoshin Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    If they have no calories, carbs, fat, what is the point in eating them?

You eat to fuel your body. No calories = no fuel imo.
  • KelliHatfield1
    Options
    They don't really taste like pasta; they're hard to describe. Chewy, I suppose. They have a strange scent. Honestly, I would eat normal foods in moderation rather than turn to "calorie-free" foods- your body still needs sustenance, and won't be satisfied for any period of time with a "food" that has nothing to offer.

That's what I figured, usually things like that are too good to be true. I didn't want to pay over $30 for 12 packs of them before asking.

Thanks!
  • MisterDubs303
    MisterDubs303 Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    I tried some that I got at Whole Foods once (not Miracle Noodles brand). They were a little different, but good enough. There are lots of things you can do to them, like any other noodles. I agree with the above, that other real foods may be better, but for someone like me who isn't eating ANY pasta, these are a great choice.

I would try one or two packs from a local store before ordering a bunch for way too much $$$. The ones I got at the store were priced reasonably.
  • KelliHatfield1
    Options
    If they have no calories, carbs, fat, what is the point in eating them?

You eat to fuel your body. No calories = no fuel imo.

True.
  • KelliHatfield1
    Options
    I tried some that I got at Whole Foods once (not Miracle Noodles brand). They were a little different, but good enough. There are lots of things you can do to them, like any other noodles. I agree with the above, that other real foods may be better, but for someone like me who isn't eating ANY pasta, these are a great choice.

Yeah, I have been trying to just avoid pasta and bread as much as possible. I feel better when I get my carbs from fruit and other healthier sources.
  • jfrog123
    jfrog123 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    As previous poster mentioned, they have a really weird smell. I tried a recipe that used them and it actually said to rinse them under running water for a full minute, blot dry, microwave for 30 seconds to draw out more moisture, dry as well as possible between layers of paper towels, then use them. All that work and I didn't even really like them when I finally tried them. They don't really have a flavor on their own, I just couldn't get past the texture. They are extremely chewy. I am talking clams that have been cooked too long chewy. I bought two packages (BOGO sale at the health food store) and the second one is still in the fridge. Not for me.