EARTHQUAKE!!!!!

Options
cmriverside
cmriverside Posts: 33,943 Member
Anybody up in the NW U.S.???

I don't really want to be up. I HATE earthquakes. :noway:

I was peacefully sleeping when the bed started shaking, the heavy closet doors started rattling.

4.5 magnitude, about 30+miles deep and 10 miles from here.

Xanax and yogurt for breakfast. And only 3.5 hours sleep.:grumble: :yawn:

Kitty-cat still hiding and won't come out over an hour later..............

I am not a morning person.

Replies

• cmriverside
    Options
    Anybody up in the NW U.S.???

I don't really want to be up. I HATE earthquakes. :noway:

I was peacefully sleeping when the bed started shaking, the heavy closet doors started rattling.

4.5 magnitude, about 30+miles deep and 10 miles from here.

Xanax and yogurt for breakfast. And only 3.5 hours sleep.:grumble: :yawn:

Kitty-cat still hiding and won't come out over an hour later..............

I am not a morning person.
  • BEFORE
    BEFORE Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    Sorry about the Earthquake. I wont run on the treadmill so early next time.
    :laugh: :laugh:
  • thejarviclan
    thejarviclan Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Wow, what a rude start to your day! I'm glad you (and kitty!) are fine though. Well, exercise is a great stress-reliever (NOT what you wanted to hear first thing in the morning, eh?!) I know, I know...I had to motivate though. ;-)

Stay safe! Maybe you can catch a nap later?
  • snorker88
    snorker88 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Wow! not the best wake up call!! Think I'd be hiding with the cat too, we fortunately don't get earthquakes where I live (in the north of England!!)
  • get_fit2009
    get_fit2009 Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I felt it. I was up having my coffee and I wasn't sure if it was just me until I noticed my coffee sloshing around. Now I'm at work with a nice, big table to dive under if I need to.:laugh:

That's right, you are the night owl. Sorry Mother Nature gave you such a rude awakening! :grumble: On the bright side - TGIF!!! :happy:
  • WillPillageYourVillageForFood
    Options

Oh BEFORE, you crack me up!!!:bigsmile:
  • will4change
    Options
    Sorry for the wake up allarm. Don't let that stop you
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    Yiikes! :noway: :noway:

Switch to a bloody mary, you'll be a happy morning person in no time! :bigsmile:
  • get_fit2009
    get_fit2009 Posts: 827 Member
    Options

Switch to a bloody mary, you'll be a happy morning person in no time! :bigsmile:

:drinker:
  • jdelisle
    jdelisle Posts: 1,050 Member
    Options
    I'm so thankful that we don't have to worry about that kind of stuff where I am! Glad your safe!
  • BEFORE
    Options

I need that button today.
    :ohwell:
  • shewearsvans
    Options
    I live in Tacoma and didnt feel any:bigsmile: thing...
  • ellelit
    ellelit Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    i live on Vancouver island, just a short way away, and we didn't feel anything. they keep saying the big one is coming, so we're always on alert...
  • WillPillageYourVillageForFood
    Options

I need that button today.

Sorry, I need it today, but I will gladly lend you this one......
    knoweverything.jpg
  • cmriverside
    Options

auntie shannie, this is the earliest you will EVER see me here. I know this is when all the fun hapens on the boards.

Before can you switch to low-impact? Bike or sumpin? You totally FREAKED ME OUT.eeek.gif
  • cmriverside
    Options
    i live on Vancouver island, just a short way away, and we didn't feel anything. they keep saying the big one is coming, so we're always on alert...

ell-

Well WAKE UP! How could you not feel it - it was right near you - more XANAX........
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    I live in Washington State and I thought we might have had an earthquake this morning. I was sitting on the toilet and my shower door started shaking but I think it was just caused by the upstairs neighbor shutting their door hard. :laugh:
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    I live in Washington State and I thought we might have had an earthquake this morning. I was sitting on the toilet and my shower door started shaking but I think it was just caused by the upstairs neighbor shutting their door hard. :laugh:

Hmm, maybe it was an earthquake that caused my shower doors to shake. I was reading that there was a 4.5 earthquake northeast of Seattle this morning and it was around the time I would have been in my bathroom.
  • BEFORE
    Options

auntie shannie, this is the earliest you will EVER see me here. I know this is when all the fun hapens on the boards.

Before can you switch to low-impact? Bike or sumpin? You totally FREAKED ME OUT.eeek.gif

I would jog outside but the city gets pi$$y about the potholes.
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options

I would jog outside but the city gets pi$$y about the potholes.

:laugh:

Ya think that's bad...the last time I wore high heels outside I struck oil. badumdump.gif