Looking for friends who have 50+ to lose and SAHM's

Options

Replies

• AandJsMommy
    Options
    I'd love to join in with you ladies because I have just started this journey of being a SAHM I feel like I will need all the help I can get in the coming weeks and months and I would love to lend a hand to anyone else if I can... 3 weeks ago today I gave birth to my beautiful and perfect baby boy after a lot of heartache and problems along the way. I am so grateful to have him and I wouldn't trade the experience for anything in the world, but I need to start thinking about getting 'me' back in order and starting on it sooner rather than later. I can't physically do much at the moment due to an unplanned C-Section (3 more weeks before I can get the exercise all-clear), but right now I am focusing on food and trying to get that in order first. I'm down 16lbs since coming home from hospital, but I still have a long way to go to lose the baby weight PLUS the extra weight I was carrying around before I even got pregnant. Let's get this started... Best wishes to all of you.

Hi, thanks for the friend request.
  • dragonssoftballmom
    Options
    You are not alone. :(. I am 39 and I am a teacher and tired of it all, but not allowed to work out since I have foot problems and to top it all off, I am having a hysterectomy next week. I am finally fed up though so I am tracking food only now, but will soon be exercising. I have just started this journey, but I'm going to do it- and you will too!
  • wendi0719
    wendi0719 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I am a stay at home mom with about 60lbs to lose also. My daughter is 5 and my son is almost 3 so now i can no longer use the baby weight excuse. I am ready to lose this weight forever. If you want you can add me as a friend. I need all the support i can get also!
  • Mickyboo1
    Options
    You can do it. You just need to focus and want it. You're going to have good weeks and you're gonna have bad weeks. :smile:
    On Oct. 1st I hit my 100 lbs gone. I've gained almost 3 lbs the past 2 weeks. This past week I was down -0.2. I'm 10 lbs from my goal I set when I started to lose weight. I still want to lose another 25 lbs.
  • chelbean23
    chelbean23 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Its so nice to read such similar stories to my own - weight loss can be a real battle and one that I have never really won!

I am a SAHM and just had my second daughter who is now 4 months old. I currently weigh about 222 pounds (I am from Australia and we talk in kilos thats why i say about 222 pounds because I weight 101 kilos.) I've been changing my eating habits for the past couple of months and have lost 6.6 pounds (3kilos) I am also exercising every day for 20 minutes 6 days a week....I got really upset this morning because I have been trying so damn hard and lost NOTHING in the past few weeks. I am breastfeeding so that makes it a little bit harder. A friend recommended MFP and I think ive worked out im not losing weight because im literally starving myself by having not enough calories!!

I used to be quite thin - before I got pregnant with my older daughter and then i just let myself go. I can't believe how heavy i am now. My fiance and I are getting married next year and i am absolutely determined to get down to my goal weight of 65 kilos (143 pounds). I know I can do it! I've only just joined up so am unsure about friend requests or anything but im happy to be added to anything!!

Thanks for sharing your story :-)
  • Moneicalynn
    Moneicalynn Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Hello!! I am a SAHM also I have 4 beautiful children (11,10,7,&5) and a wonderful husband :) I have 115 pounds to lose when I joined MFP im down 7 pounds so i got a long way to go ....
    I have always been @ 125 or less but 5 yrs ago around the time i had my 5 yr old son i got sick and just kept piling on the weight.... now i have decided to take control of my life and start to change things :)
    feel free to add me :)
  • SMILE713
    SMILE713 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    HI I REALLY NEED MOTIVATION. I NEED TO BE SELF CONTROL. TODAY I WASN'T PLANNING TO EAT PIZZA THAT MY NIECE ORDERED. WHEN I SEEN IT IT LOOK SO GOOD AND I ATE ONE THEN I WAS LIKE I'LL EAT ONE MORE. THEN LATER I HAD ATE A CHOCOLATE BAR. I DON'T KNOW I JUST FEEL LIKE CRAVING WHEN I'M STRESSED. I'M A HOUSE WIFE 3 KIDS AGES 10 YR GIRL, 5 YR GIRL AND A 4 MONTH OLD SON. I WAS DOING REALLY GOOD AT FIRST BUT WOULD FEEL DISAPPOINTED CAUSE I DIDN'T SEE ANY RESULTS ON MY SCALE. A LIL ON MY CLOTHES. I REALLY WANT TO LOOSE WEIGHT. I FEEL VERY DESPERATE.
  • mistersgirl
    mistersgirl Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies! I am a SAHM to a 2 year old boy. I have 130+ pounds to lose still. I am trying to lose this weight and get healthy for my son. I want to be the active, involved momma he deserves! I would love to have some of you as friends so we can encourage each other on this journey!
  • AandJsMommy
    Options
    Wow, thanks everyone for the support. I really do love this site and I know that I will reach my goal.
  • daschramms
    Options
    Hi! I am a SAHM too but to 5 kids! Yes, I know - we are crazy! LOL! I have about 50 lbs to lose to where I would be back in my comfort zone. My weight has been yo-yoing since my first kiddo was born and always steadily climbing...I gained 50 lbs with my first pregnancy and had my thyroid removed. Not the best combo when trying to lose weight! Since that my thyroid has never been controlled. Basically it's been an uphill battle with a thyroid and metabolism that isn't working, meds that don't control it, more pregnancies...and the list goes on! And of course laziness and lack of motivation.

I did finish the Danskin triathlon last year-I did the whole thing!!! And I hate every single picture from that day! Sad that I can't be proud of the photo of me crossing the finish line but I won't even print it. Spandex and fat....not a good combo!

2012 I hope will be a completely different story. Finish the triathlon and post pics EVERYWHERE! = )

Anyway...I look forward to being on this board and being more committed to my goals and making my kiddos proud of me.
  • AandJsMommy
    Options
    Hi! I am a SAHM too but to 5 kids! Yes, I know - we are crazy! LOL! I have about 50 lbs to lose to where I would be back in my comfort zone. My weight has been yo-yoing since my first kiddo was born and always steadily climbing...I gained 50 lbs with my first pregnancy and had my thyroid removed. Not the best combo when trying to lose weight! Since that my thyroid has never been controlled. Basically it's been an uphill battle with a thyroid and metabolism that isn't working, meds that don't control it, more pregnancies...and the list goes on! And of course laziness and lack of motivation.

I did finish the Danskin triathlon last year-I did the whole thing!!! And I hate every single picture from that day! Sad that I can't be proud of the photo of me crossing the finish line but I won't even print it. Spandex and fat....not a good combo!

2012 I hope will be a completely different story. Finish the triathlon and post pics EVERYWHERE! = )

quote]

Hi, thanks for posting. WOW, 5 kids!! I love kids and I would love to have more but had a tubal ligation the day after my son was born. I don't want any more b/c I would have to have a tubal reversal and that is very expensive. My kids are my life and I have always put everyone first and I let myself go. I sent you a friend request.
    Anyway...I look forward to being on this board and being more committed to my goals and making my kiddos proud of me.
    [/
  • jonisteenhoek
    jonisteenhoek Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I really enjoyed your post and understand everything you have going on. Although I am not a stay at home mom, I am a mother of two (five and six months). I was on MFP when I got pregnant and did pretty great at not gaining a ton of weight (until the end), when I ended up gaining about 42 pounds. I lost every last pound and then some after the giant baby was born. I need some motivation.....my husband loves me, but he sucks at being a support system for weight loss. I have lost 29 pounds so far and I have about 75 pounds to go. I could really use some friends to keep me on track and little shouts of motivation.
  • AandJsMommy
    Options
    I really enjoyed your post and understand everything you have going on. Although I am not a stay at home mom, I am a mother of two (five and six months). I was on MFP when I got pregnant and did pretty great at not gaining a ton of weight (until the end), when I ended up gaining about 42 pounds. I lost every last pound and then some after the giant baby was born. I need some motivation.....my husband loves me, but he sucks at being a support system for weight loss. I have lost 29 pounds so far and I have about 75 pounds to go. I could really use some friends to keep me on track and little shouts of motivation.

Thanks for reading my post and thank you for sending me the friend request. I accepted it. I gained a lot of weight with my daughter, but not that much with my son.
  • AandJsMommy
    Options
    :flowerforyou: bump
  • AandJsMommy
    Options
    off subject but I sure do miss my signature under my ticker.
  • brittneyshaleen
    brittneyshaleen Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm not a SAHM, but my goal is 70.
  • AandJsMommy
    Options
    I'm not a SAHM, but my goal is 70.

Hi, I sent you a friend request. Your baby is so cute!!
  • lulibell1987
    Options
    Hi , im a SAHM with my first child,new to MFP and i have 60+ pounds to lose! I love your story and have have enjoyed reading everyones comments, we're all in it together :happy: friend request sent :smile:
  • lovelabs25
    lovelabs25 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I am so inspired by your original post! I need that kind of determination in my mind! I too am a SAHM, daughters age 3 and 6 and have 70 lbs to lose. Just completed my second half marathon and am too mortified of the photos of me in it to be proud. I struggle with the constant depression over my weight, which makes doing something about it even more of a challenge, if that makes sense. I need to be surrounded by positive people like you :) Sending friend request.
  • AandJsMommy
    Options
    Hi , im a SAHM with my first child,new to MFP and i have 60+ pounds to lose! I love your story and have have enjoyed reading everyones comments, we're all in it together :happy: friend request sent :smile:

hi, welcome to MFP and thanks for the friend request.