Help, all Ideas are greatly needed

Options
Hey ya all I'm Kelly, Just wanted to know if anyone has some Ideas for a fast breakfast in the morning I have to get up at 5am everyday and it is very hard to eat breakfast. I can't do it on break because it's very hard to even get a break where I work, so I was thinking about something on the go when I'm driving to work, and wont be messy but high in protein since breakfast is the most important meal of the day I need all the energy I can get ... Please help

Replies

• catherine4211
    catherine4211 Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    I sometimes eat a peanut butter sandwich while driving to work. I've never liked jelly so it's just peanut butter.
  • cmduncan
    Options
    Luna bars are wonderful - come in many different flavors - and are high in protein. They'd be good for grab and go.
  • rv40
    rv40 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Homemade protein smooties in a spill proff cup. I used protein powder, bananas, strawberries, flaxseed seed, fat free cream cheese, and yogurt. Very filling, can sip while driving, and nutritious!!
  • Mommawarrior
    Mommawarrior Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    I like the Clif Bars and Clif Builders.
    The builders have more protein in them, but the bars come in a lot of different flavors.
    I mix it up or sometimes eat one for breakfast and one for afternoon snack.
    I am up at 4:00 am. I feel your pain.
  • katkins3
    katkins3 Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    Kardea bars are good, I order them online.
  • beautifulbrat
    Options
    special k protein meal bars are great and only 100 calories
  • 16mixingbowls
    16mixingbowls Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    How about two eggs microwaved? A lot of people do it in a coffee cup. You could eat bites at stoplights. Or make a batch of omelet muffins on Sunday and eat one or two in the car. Eggs, turkey sausage, spinach, bell peppers, toss in muffin tins, bake, TA-DA!
  • sammys1girly
    sammys1girly Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    A couple of string cheese are always my on the go breakfast.
  • Amy911Gray
    Amy911Gray Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    Special K Honey Nut cereal bars are my favorite, and the chocolate pretzel ones for afternoons are fantastic.
  • Claible
    Claible Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I eat Oatmeal at stoplights and I am finishing when right after I park at work. I get up at 4:30 am so I feel your pain too. Good luck!
  • catherine4211
    catherine4211 Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    How about two eggs microwaved? A lot of people do it in a coffee cup. You could eat bites at stoplights. Or make a batch of omelet muffins on Sunday and eat one or two in the car. Eggs, turkey sausage, spinach, bell peppers, toss in muffin tins, bake, TA-DA!

I saw a recipe for something similar to this - sounded really easy to make.
  • Toenges1
    Toenges1 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I love a toasted Fiber One English Muffin with 1 generous Tbsp of Smart Balance Peanut butter. Filling and delicious with a cup of coffee. About 200 calories and packed with fiber and protein.
  • livnlite
    livnlite Posts: 520
    Options
    Smoothies! You can make it the night before, and in the morning just grab and go. Very satisfying even for those without a morning appetite. Handy and convenient ... You can even drink it on the way to work.

Berries, fruit, yogurt, maybe even some granola .. experiment!
  • FairyMiss
    FairyMiss Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
    i have made batches of scrambled eggs adding what ever turns you on ahead of time, split them into portions.
    in the mornign pop a portion in the mircorwave a few secs. then in a low carb ( or any you wish ) tortilla and out the door
  • mmelledge
    Options
    Fiber One 90 chocolate and peanut butter bars. Special K cereal or protein bars. I like the smoothie idea, too.

I work retail, and my schedule changes constantly. Yesterday I was at work at 4am, today not 'til 630 pm, so I also feel your pain!