what is the best protine powder for bulking up????

Options
hey everyone, im just posting this too see if anyone knows what protine powder would be best for me im looking to bulk up and i am taking some already. but shold i be taking some with more carbs??? i have stuff right now with next to none . any help would be great thanks!!!!!!!!!!!

Replies

• neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,020 Member
    Options
    The Whey portion that puts you over your maintenance level. Personally i like steak for bulking. :devil: Also get your carbs in if your going to bulk.....pretty difficult to do with a low carb diet, which I normally do follow. I generally go from 150-200 carbs to over 300 during bulking.
  • warmachinejt
    warmachinejt Posts: 2,167 Member
    Options
    most important thing in bulking is eating ****loads of food eat like you're going to be starving for the next 2 days
    also try to go as heavy in your workouts while mantaining good form and around 5-8 reps
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    Neanderthin pretty much covered it, but additionally:

I would target 10-20% above maintenance calories for your total kcal intake.
    1g/lb lean mass as a minimum target for PRO
    .35g/lb bodyweight as a minimum target for FAT
    Remaining calories can be used as you see fit, most tend to do well allocating the remainder to CHO.

In a calorie surplus, you should have no reason not to readily exceed your mins for PRO/FAT.

Type of whey won't matter all that much. They are not necessary if you can hit the above PRO target without them, but they are definitely helpful to do so, they are very bioavailable, and cost per gram of protein is typically reasonable. That being said, it would be in your best interest to get most of your calories from whole and nutrient dense foods.

/gets off soap box.

good luck.