I'm here! I'm fat! And I'm ready to do this!

I need to lose about 90 pounds so I can be on the higher end of "healthy". From there I will re-evaluate and see where I want to be.
I'm 5'9 and 261 pounds! << YIKES! I have 2 kids. 4 and my youngest turns 2 next month. you'd think that I'd be so busy running and chasing these two that I wouldn't be so over weight...but I am!

I've tried losing weight before. I've given up more times then I can count! I thrive off of support from others- and I don't get that at home. So a friend suggested MyFitnessPal to me. hopefully I can finish what I started this time!

Please add me!

Replies

• techgeeksquared
    techgeeksquared Posts: 30 Member
    You can do this! You can do this! You can do this! You can do this! You can do this!
  • Hi and welcome...there are a lot of great people on here!
  • Good luck :) i've been using MFP for a couple of weeks and find it really helpful to keep track of things. Feel free to add me if you wish :)
  • VinniF
    VinniF Posts: 51
    Start slow and stick with it - you can get there. You will have a wonderful success story to show your kids!
  • wifeyy
    wifeyy Posts: 481 Member
    You can do this!!!
  • jetscreaminagain
    jetscreaminagain Posts: 1,130 Member
    .. you'll be FABulous, get used to it!

*crosses fingers another friendly ally gets my reference while considering starting a protest somewhere*
  • Once you take control, there's nothing you can't accomplish
  • cppeace
    cppeace Posts: 764 Member
    Yep you so can do this :) feel free to friend me I'm perky and a good friend :)
    I know you can do this hon one day and one step at time :)
    Kimmy
  • lvigue
    lvigue Posts: 13 Member
    I also have 3 boys under 5 and it didn't make me lose either! My Fitness Pal has now helped me lose 30 pounds. Stick to it and you will see a miracle, I promise. I have not been this weight since high school, and I am 31 with two toddlers and a baby!

I would say the biggest thing to concentrate on is portio control and My Fitness Pal will help you with that, as it counts your calories. And exercise exercise exercise, diet alone will NOT do it, I tried that for ten years to no success. Try the Couch to 5k program, you start off by walking, and gradually add in running. You can make it longer than 9 weeks, repeat some weeks or whatever you need but keep moving forward by always pushing yourself (trust me, your mind will try and trick you in telling you your done when you can keep going), and the interval training part of this program will literally shed pounds off you since it is high speed/low speed/high speed/low speed. Also try and add in a day or two of strength training, (weights, pilates, squats/lungs, crunches- whatever you can for 20 minutes-30 minutes at least 2times week), running 3 times a week. You will never feel better and it is gradual so you won't feel like it is impossible and give up.

Good luck- you can do it!!!!!
  • bdur76
    bdur76 Posts: 155 Member
    You've definitely come to the right place! If you're willing to be diligent and follow through, there is no way you won't succeed. There are lots of people here who are willing to cheer you on, help you up when you fall, and provide encouragement when you feel you just can't do it anymore! There are so many incredibly motivating and motivated people here to help. Feel free to add me as a friend, I'd be more than willing to help you on your way!

If you have any doubts check out my signature! This stuff works!