I only lost 11 pounds in 6 months... (with pics)

Options
LorinaLynn
LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
... And I'm NOT complaining about the results! :happy:

IMG_2581-b-a.jpg

In May, I was two pounds away from my original goal of 135#. Once I hit that goal in June, I started only logging my food Monday through Friday, sticking to 1500 calories (about a half pound a week), and playing it by ear on weekends. Not binging or gorging (well, sometimes!) but not being so fussy that I'd count out exactly one serving of pretzels or potato chips, or think, "No, I can't have that glass of wine..." If someone offered me a cupcake or mojito on a weekend, I'd enjoy it. And doing so, I lost 4.5 pounds that month! Yeah. Half-heartedly trying to lose two pound that month, I lost more than twice that amount. Go figure. :smile:

I idled through August (1600 calories Mon-Fri) and revamped my goal for about 126 by mid-October for my Halloween party (gotta have priorities!), and went back to 1500. But I also took a full week off from logging while my husband was on vacation. And I reached 125.5# the day before the party. Since then, I took another week off from logging, then started to maintain at a net of 1680. So most days, I'm around 2000 calories or more.

My weight has fluctuated a little in the past few weeks, but I know my body well enough to know that I fluctuate a lot. And even if I do happen to gain a few pounds over the winter, I'm fully confident in my ability to take it off again... if I think I need to. I'm around 126# now. Anywhere in the 125-130 range is fine by me.

My point in this post is twofold...

1) Just eleven pounds CAN make a noticeable difference, if you lose it slowly so most of the weight you lose is from fat.

2) Losing eleven pounds doesn't make THAT much of a difference in how you look, especially fully clothed, so don't starve yourself to drop weight fast for a wedding or reunion or the photo for your Christmas cards. Just stay on course.

Replies

• sassylilmama
    sassylilmama Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Looking great and excellent points made
  • Goal_Seeker_1988
    Goal_Seeker_1988 Posts: 1,619 Member
    Options
    wow, amazing results! You've done great!
  • Elle_Jamaicangirl81
    Options
    woo... look at them abs! Nice work there
  • jazzalea
    jazzalea Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    good girl!

It's great to be in control isn't it?
  • leomom72
    leomom72 Posts: 1,797 Member
    Options
    great job, but you looked amazing before:happy:
  • GTI_Girl
    GTI_Girl Posts: 207
    Options
    I have abs too!!! under the layer of fat...lol Looking good!
  • _tiifyjo_
    _tiifyjo_ Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    GREAT job!!! And excellent points to your post! Thanks for the motivation!!!
  • RieBerg
    RieBerg Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Your tummy looks much more toned. What exercises did you do?
  • quixoticmantis
    quixoticmantis Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Lookin' good, lady!

I have to ask - where'd you get that skull top?! :drinker:
  • shanolap
    shanolap Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    You rock! Thanks for the inspiration!
  • jetscreaminagain
    jetscreaminagain Posts: 1,130 Member
    Options
    The other lesson I heard was that you can look hot AND eat and enjoy food.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    You are amazing.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Your tummy looks much more toned. What exercises did you do?

Mainly running, but also strength training. Little bit of everything the gym has to offer. I don't focus much on abs, certainly no more than 15 minutes a week. Ab crunch machine, reverse crunches in the roman chair, sometimes planks.
    I have to ask - where'd you get that skull top?! :drinker:

Kohl's a few years ago. It's one of Averil Lavine's designs. :embarassed: It's a full t-shirt.. I just pulled and tucked in the back to look cropped.
  • lor007
    lor007 Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    Excellent advice and great progress.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,108 Member
    Options
    So sensible. Great post.
  • boyslie72487
    boyslie72487 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    LOOKING GOOD!!!!!!!! Keep up the good work!
  • lucyhoneychurch
    lucyhoneychurch Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Word, girl! You rock! :happy:
  • elz22
    elz22 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    you look great nice definition in your abs!
  • jazzalea
    jazzalea Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I have abs too!!! under the layer of fat...lol

I had to laugh!.... I just noticed I have muscles in my sides!.... whoo hooo..... they've been buried so long I wasn't sure they still existed!
  • ummlovelovesyou
    ummlovelovesyou Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    YOU LOOK AMAZINGGGG!!!!!

:)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!