Sugar Alcohols????

Options
Ok, I too have this uncontrollable urge for chocolate occasionally, I bought Sugar free Choclates but they have this sugar alcohol in it.....anyone shed any light on this?

Thanks.....Kelly

Replies

• marc4
    marc4 Posts: 79
    Options
    Ok, I too have this uncontrollable urge for chocolate occasionally, I bought Sugar free Choclates but they have this sugar alcohol in it.....anyone shed any light on this?

Thanks.....Kelly
  • TRLTAMPA
    TRLTAMPA Posts: 824
    Options
    I noticed that on something the other day.....the nutritional info said Sugar Alcohols .... can I get drunk off Sugar now??? That would be awesome!!
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    LOL TRL! :laugh:

Sugar alcohols taste sweet but aren't nutritive because we can't absorb them. Some people experience gas/diarrhea/bloating when they eat sugar alcohols. Other people are not sensitive to them. Just eat a little bit and see how you feel first. :smile:
  • marc4
    marc4 Posts: 79
    Options
    Ah there you go with the humour again......lol

ps. there is no option to add sugar alcohols in the "add new item list".

K
  • get_fit2009
    get_fit2009 Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    Um, all that comes to my mind is bad gas and bloating! :sick: That is the effect it has on me, anyway. :laugh: I have learned to have only teeny tiny portions of anything with sugar alcohols in them.
  • hmo4
    hmo4 Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    Read the article I just posted. I've had experience with these, ask my family what they think of them.:laugh: