For those who weigh over 200lbs

Options
What are the things that motivate you to lose the weight other than clothes that fit nicely and your health.

I can't wait for my bra's to stop rubbing under my arms when I exercise.

I'm looking forward to not chaffing everytime I wear a skirt

Mostly I'm looking forward to not having to lift my belly up to wax my bikini (ha ha) line!

What will be the best everyday changes your weight loss will give you and therefore motivates you to eat clean and train mean?

Replies

• determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    Being able to wear nicely fitted jeans instead of hiding my entire lower half of my body the whole time!
  • tigersmom75
    Options
    I'm looking forward to being able to do cardio without holding my belly in place. Oh and seeing my jaw line again - I miss my face...it sounds funny but it's true.
  • richx83
    richx83 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    being able to shop on the high street and have designer or named brands

having people not recognise me

only having one belly instead of the under belly and over belly i have now

no longer having man boobs

confidence increases and generally feeling better

There are just a few off the top of my head :)
  • Tonnina
    Tonnina Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    Ha! Yes the lifting the tummy to trim up the bikini line is one of my reasons. I'm actually losing weight to get pregnant. I also want to do stuff without getting winded... Also I'd like to be more comfortable when I fly (I fly at least once a year to AZ or CA to see the in laws and it's a pain in the hips to fly when your girth barely lets you buckle the seat belt.)
  • upsidedownpear
    upsidedownpear Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    -being able to sit cross legged
    -not feeling stuffed in chairs

:)
  • mallorybriann
    mallorybriann Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    I started at 255 and the worst was how uncomfortable I always felt. Always adjusting my jeans and clothes. When I sat down, my muffin top would hang over my jeans. Sounding like I'm dying when I walked up the stairs.
    And always hating myself in pics because of my chins :(
  • JulieBoBoo
    Options
    no more meds. no more diabetes. no more hypertension. Everything else is just a bonus.
  • bethdris
    bethdris Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    I started out at 246. and now being high 140's, low 150's there is a WORLD of difference:

1. I don't have a muffin top (boy was it big to start with)
    2. I don't have to pull on my shirts to make them "fit"
    3. Im in a single size pants=better selection on clearance racks
    4. My bras don't cut me anymore
    5. I don't get that itchy elastic wasit band problem after a few hrs (undies)

The only downside so far is I get cold easily LOL
  • adalton6
    adalton6 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    What are the things that motivate you to lose the weight other than clothes that fit nicely and your health.

I can't wait for my bra's to stop rubbing under my arms when I exercise.

I'm looking forward to not chaffing everytime I wear a skirt

Mostly I'm looking forward to not having to lift my belly up to wax my bikini (ha ha) line!

What will be the best everyday changes your weight loss will give you and therefore motivates you to eat clean and train mean?

I hate the bras rubbing under the arm! I want my underwear to stay where they are supposed to instead of rolling down because of my belly. I want to feel sexy! Being able to run and not feel like I am dying. I remember running as a kid and it just felt free and I want that feeling back!
  • ber3023
    ber3023 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I love all these and agree 100% lol
    I can't wait to say g'bye to this muffin top, that's a muffin whether I'm in pants or not!
  • adalton6
    adalton6 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I'm looking forward to being able to do cardio without holding my belly in place. Oh and seeing my jaw line again - I miss my face...it sounds funny but it's true.

I know how you feel! I miss my face too!
  • getfine2015
    getfine2015 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    GETTING BACK TO T HE ONE CHIN GOD GAVE ME.

NO PRE DIABETES.

NO MORE KANKLES....................HAVING WELL DEFINED ANKLES AND CALFS.

CROSS MY LEGS.

NO KNEE PAIN OR ARTHRITIS..

I WANNA BREATHE AND NOT SOUND LIKE " DARTH VADER".....LOL.

OH AND TO BE ABLE TO RIDE ALL THE RIDES AT 6 FLAGS!!!!
  • butterflimom
    Options
    When I was 210 +, the things that made me want to get fit was:

Not being able to breath good when walking- couldn't hold out to even walk in the yard with my kids
    Tired of every article of clothing I owned cutting into me when I sat down
    Starting back to college and seeing all of the younger women looking cute and how I could barely fit in my desk
    Laying in bed on my side and my arms going numb from being so fat- and my stomach hanging out of my pjs
    I could go on and on....Basically I just knew that for over 10 years, I had been silently trying to kill myself with food and laziness and turning 30 is what it took for me to wake up. I realized that I wasted my youth and decided to regain my life back and not let food or anything else control me.

* oh yea Bethdris, I freeze also :)
  • IMYarnCraz33
    IMYarnCraz33 Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    I started MFP at 385 and am closing in on TWOderland!!!

no longer having to wear clothes to hide myself.
    keeping up with my kids & to be able to play/run with them & not get winded.
    to look as good to hubby as he does to me =D
    avoiding diabetes & hopefully getting rid of asthma.
    To do things again that I used to be able to do. =]
  • philosohoe
    philosohoe Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Looking forward to jumping again. I don't jump--it hurts my knees too much. I'd like to snuggle my bf and not worry that I'm going to smother him. Pants in the single digits just seems like a fantasy now too, but it would be awesome! I'd like to look at a picture of myself with my friends and spend more time thinking about how much fun we had and less time thinking about how disappointed I am in how I look.
  • reneeileen
    reneeileen Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    How could you take the clothes piece out of the equation? I am soooo looking forward to shopping at whatever store I like :)

As for the other stuff: I really want to get pregnant. I've lost 35 lbs now and I am having regular periods for the first time in my life. That is a huge deal for me.

Also, I can't wait until I see pictures taken of me off guard where I don't think, "Gross! I wasn't sucking my stomach in!"
  • Gr33nstars
    Options
    Yes - can't wait until bra doesn't rub! Or for underwire to not stab bingo wing! Or seeing my bra cut into my fat. In fact, a lot of bra issues here :-S

Being able to stand for a whole concert without feet hurting

Hips not hurting when I walk uphill

Shopping anywhere I fancy

Reaching up and not caring if my belly shows

Getting my cheekbones back!

Hipbones for the first time ever

Standing up with out psyching myself up first!
  • reneeileen
    reneeileen Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    Oh! and when I can't grab my belly rolls by the handful.
  • Tammylyn117
    Options
    Feeling better physically and mentally.

Being able to wear cute, stylish clothes, and feel confident doing so.

Not hearing my thighs and belly cheer me on when I run (I think you all know what I'm talking about, so I won't elaborate).
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    lots of things
    1)diabetes. taking control of it, kicking its *kitten* and then no longer have diabetes.

2)moobies

3)walking into a regular store and being able to buy clothes mostly instead of special order. I'm tall 6'3 so I still shop big and tall section but it's easier to find my sizes. going from a 5x to currently a 2x

4) proving people wrong about being able to jog at a heavy weight

50 CONFIDENCE. I been doing Zumba @ my local YMCA. yess 300 + lbs. man doing Zumba. I suck but I have fun. just me. 1-2 other guys and 30+ girls. lol