Vegetarian starting P90X...

Options
So I'm getting ready to start P90X for the first time, and I want to follow the program as closely as possible. The only problem that I've encountered is that the meal plan is not vegetarian. Some things I can easily switch out like I can use veggie bacon instead of turkey bacon, a veggie burger instead of a turkey burger, etc. I figure as long as I keep the calories and fat the same as listed in the meal plan I should be ok... right?

Also, I was a bit concerned about gaining too much muscle. I am 5'9", currently 157 lbs, and I already get hassled enough for being a tomboy. I don't want to make it worse by getting ridiculously buff.

Any suggestions?

Replies

• AggieCass09
    AggieCass09 Posts: 1,867 Member
    Options
    hey there! i'm a fellow veggie who has done P90X several times. i gave up trying to follow that meal plan because I dont think meat substitutes make sense. I set my macros on here to 35/35/30 and I make sure that i'm actually hitting these as best as possible with protein being the most important of the three. To get protein i eat lots of eggs, milk, cottage cheese, beans, protein shakes (optimum nutrition brand), and nuts. My diary is open if you want suggestions. The other thing about P90X is that since you are lifting so much, you NEED more calories to support proper recovery. I suggest looking at fat2fit.com and freedieting.com and try to hit those calorie levels (MFP tends to be way low).

YOU CANNOT GET BULKY...you do not have enough testosterone to. I promise. Seriously.

enjoy the program! good luck