Quick Hummus- and Vegetable-Stuffed Pitas

Options
JasiBella
JasiBella Posts: 1,168
Serves 2
In this kid-friendly recipe, egg salad can be used instead of hummus, if you like.

Ingredients
1 pita bread, halved
1/2 cup hummus
1/3 cup lightly packed shredded lettuce or baby spinach
1/2 cup assorted raw vegetables such as tomatoes, shredded carrots, diced cucumbers, or sliced avocados

Method
Spread half of the hummus inside each pita half. Top with lettuce and vegetables and serve.

Nutrition
Per serving (1 pita half/139g-wt.): 210 calories (70 from fat), 8g total fat, 1g saturated fat, 0mg cholesterol, 400mg sodium, 28g total carbohydrate (6g dietary fiber, 1g sugar), 8g protein

Replies

• JasiBella
    JasiBella Posts: 1,168
    Options
    Serves 2
    In this kid-friendly recipe, egg salad can be used instead of hummus, if you like.

Ingredients
    1 pita bread, halved
    1/2 cup hummus
    1/3 cup lightly packed shredded lettuce or baby spinach
    1/2 cup assorted raw vegetables such as tomatoes, shredded carrots, diced cucumbers, or sliced avocados

Method
    Spread half of the hummus inside each pita half. Top with lettuce and vegetables and serve.

Nutrition
    Per serving (1 pita half/139g-wt.): 210 calories (70 from fat), 8g total fat, 1g saturated fat, 0mg cholesterol, 400mg sodium, 28g total carbohydrate (6g dietary fiber, 1g sugar), 8g protein
  • rklein71
    rklein71 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I also really enjoy 1/2 a pita with a serving of hummus, lettuce, tomato, and one of the Morning Star Spicy Black Bean Patties. Yummy, yummy, yummy.
  • TRLTAMPA
    TRLTAMPA Posts: 824
    Options
    I love my onion pita and hummus!!!