Singers/Bands you cannot stomach

Options
Taking inspiration from the Actors thread, but about music!

Mine are:

Katy Perry - grating, pink bubblegum music, far too pop-tastic for my ears.

Justin Bieber - for someone so young, he has an ego the size of Jupiter.

Madonna - the whole refusal to accept her age gets on my nerves, it's like: stop deluding yourself that you are 20 years old!

Eminem - used to be a fan, but he's just so WHINEY and self-pitying 'poor me'. GET OVER IT!

And lastly....

Nicole Scherzinger - the biggest Ego of them all. "Look at meeee, I'm God's Gift to the whole world". Hate that super SMUG face she pulls in every picture.

Replies

• justsummie
    justsummie Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Celine Dion.....I know she is kind of off the radar right now but I don't think I will ever get over hearing that damn Titanic song 10x a day when I was in high school.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Creed, Pearl Jam, and pretty much anyone who sings like Mr. Ed... except Mr. Ed.
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    [Almost] everything I hear on the radio :indifferent:
  • pph79
    pph79 Posts: 78
    Options
    Celine Dion.....I know she is kind of off the radar right now but I don't think I will ever get over hearing that damn Titanic song 10x a day when I was in high school.

What she said.
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options
    bieber-my little girl is in love with him though
    all disney teeny bopper bands
  • Tonnina
    Tonnina Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    Justin Bieber - for someone so young, he has an ego the size of Jupiter.

Eminem - used to be a fan, but he's just so WHINEY and self-pitying 'poor me'. GET OVER IT!

I feel the same as you on these two. Really they are the only artists I can't stand... well them and nickleback...
  • jill___
    jill___ Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I hate any/all country music made after 1970. I also can't stand 99% of the music on mainstream radio. There is no substance to popular music.
  • ranewell
    ranewell Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    OMG there are soooo many!!!!
    Metallica, ACDC, Nickelback....Interchangeable all sounds the same....blech

Katy Perry---I liked her at first bc she was edgy. Now, yes....bubble gum CRAP

Nikki Minaj----Really????? Ugh

John Mayer....LOVE his music and his voice, he is quite talented. BUT as a person total douche bag. Get over yourself. Seriously.
  • sosayscyndi
    sosayscyndi Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    this is a terribly unpopular opinion, but I am so over Maroon 5! He's just...not for me. But, I adore an american idol winner with my whole heart and spend boatloads of money supporting his career, so I have no room to talk:)
  • justbeachy01
    justbeachy01 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    NICKELBACK. enough said.
  • sarahkatara
    sarahkatara Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    U- fu*king-2. That's U2 if no one got that. Die Bono. South Park described you perfectly (look up the episode on YouTube).

Coldplay. GO AWAY CHRIS MARTIN and occupy yourself with Gwenyth Paltrow. She's hot.

Yes, Justin Bieber. 17 and stupid with too much money for his own good. Also he can't sing anything in tune if his life depended on it. He SUCKS.

Those are the major ones i can think of...right now at least...
  • Iamfit4life
    Iamfit4life Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    U2
    Nickleback

Probably a ton of others too, but I'm in a great mood so nothing sticks out.
  • snarky
    snarky Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    train
  • MindyBlack
    MindyBlack Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    So many to name, so little time.
    ABBA
    All screachy, whiny female voices ie Mariah Cary, Whitney Houston, Celine Dion.
    Madonna (barf!)
    Most male country singers with those unnaturally deep voices like Randy Travis, etc.
    Katie Perry
    Almost anyone doing rap, except Will Smith cause he's hot!
    ABBA
    Fleetwood Mac, yes I know, at my age I am supposed to revere them but I never liked them at all.
    Did I meantion ABBA?
    Now ask me who I like and I'll never get off here. LOL
  • surfrgrl1
    surfrgrl1 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    train

Agreed, everything is overplayed, makes me wanna puke!
  • MindyBlack
    Options
    [quote

John Mayer....LOVE his music and his voice, he is quite talented. BUT as a person total douche bag. Get over yourself. Seriously.
    [/quote]

Yeah, he's kinda good but the line "Bubblegum tongue" ruined it for me. Seriously, that's the best ya got? And yes, he is a DB!
  • BillyC96
    BillyC96 Posts: 7,560 Member
    Options
    Bon Jovi. Probably an unpopular choice but I think they suck. Derivative, copy cat rock dished up by a pretty boy with a mediocre voice, and a below average backing band. Hit heights they don't deserve.
  • MindyBlack
    Options
    Bon Jovi. Probably an unpopular choice but I think they suck. Derivative, copy cat rock dished up by a pretty boy with a mediocre voice, and a below average backing band. Hit heights they don't deserve.

Why are you speaking of my future husband that way? JK. I do love Bon Jovi but I accept that they are not the most gifted band around. They are a lot of fun and can rock out though. As for the pretty boy, he can sing to me anytime! LOL!!!
  • malloriewebb
    Options
    that drunk *kitten* Ke$ha. Ugh.
  • Captain_Mal
    Captain_Mal Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    Almost all Screamo bands.....yeah I'm glaring at you Blessthefall, Funeral for a Friend, Eyes Set to Kill, and Alesana....and all the rest I can't bother naming.